My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

R.I.P.

Today was a sad day....Reese was playing with my beloved sunglasses in Target and somewhere along the way felt it was time for a ritual sacrifice. Needless to say I noticed upon my arrival back to my car that she had in fact ditched the sunglasses somewhere in Target. I brought her back in the store and retraced our steps. Sadly I think me beloved sunglasses are now with the Target gods. I loved these sunglasses, had them since Jan. 2006 when I bought them for my honeymoon. In fact they were the only thing I still owned from my honeymoon that still fit me. They were perfect, made for me...and sadly they are gone. Sure some might say I should not have allowed her to play with them, but she loves them. She was staring at the rhinestones longing to hold them while we were in the store. I gave in, suckered by my own flesh and blood, who later betrayed my trust. Sure she's 8 months old but it will be a LONG time before I buy her nice sunglasses. I went to Dillard's where I had purchased my beloved oh so many years ago...nothing could compare. I settled for a 26 dollar Jessica Simpson pair. Not a huge fan of them but they were cheap and I was depressed. Please think fondly of my favorite pair of sunglasses ever. I will miss them.....I will also call Target everyday for the next week to see if someone found them and turned them in. As of this a.m. no one had yet....very sad

2 comments:

Ashley said...

My condolences. That is why I buy the cheap Target kind. :) No tears here!

CLP said...

RIP indeed. I remember you wearing them in the limo on the way to your wedding....