My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gotta love this kiddo!

Just a few pictures from the weekend and Monday. Reese learned how to say yellow and purple this week. Can't get green but she can say yellow. Go figure. Her vocabulary is crazy...new words everyday. She tells us when it's time to change her diaper as well.
We had mini meatloaves on Saturday night along with mashed potatoes. Reese chowed some chicken nuggets but was done before we sat down...so she sat on my lap and drew on the table with my mashed potatoes. She watching my carb intake for me and loved every minute of it. I think Reese's true thoughts were a little something like this "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf!"
I think there are still traces of this masterpiece on my table...I swear she put potatoes in places I didn't think existed
Reese has always liked books. Only recently has she started reading them to herself...and can sit down for a few more pages when I read to her without getting up to run around. As you can see from below, yesterday she was reading quietly in her room. I was vacuuming and when I went in to check on her this is what I found.


She turns the pages and talks to herself while she reads.
I just love that she enjoys books so much...

No comments: