My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Better Late than Never!

So I know I've been absent from the blogging world for about a week. I am sorry. Good news...I'm back. We had a busy week last week and a busy start this week. I know I was glued to the TV yesterday to see my nominee getting sworn in as the new El Presidente! Super exciting day! Reese is working on saying "Obama"

We celebrated our anniversary last week by going to the Nueces County Livestock Show...I know LOTS of fun and excitement. Reese got to see ALL the animals, we walked around practicing her animal sounds, and got to watch our friend Chad win his class with his goat. Chad watches Chewie for us when we go out of town. He also raises goats for FFA and it just so happened that when we arrived at the show, he was showing his goat. He won in his weight group and I cheered very loudly for him. Ryan says you don't do that at a County Fair...but I don't care because I was excited for Chad.
Chad's goat getting praised by the Judge's
Mom and Dad came down for a visit this past weekend. They brought down the potty for Reese and a little table for her to color on. The potty and table were my Dad's and then mine..so she has some third generation things to play and pee on. Pretty cool stuff! They got to enjoy an extra day since it was a three day weekend for all!

Playing with toys!
Coloring on the "old" table with MiMi
Last week my car radio was ripped out by Honda...they seem to think the radio is the reason my car is giving me trouble. Turns out it's not the radio...lessons learned: 1. I was right, it's not the radio. & 2. Driving without a radio for a week SUCKS! Now Honda has my car and I am driving around a BRAND NEW CAR (say that with the Rod Roddy from the Price is Right voice). Honda gave me a loaner...just so happens it's a Honda Accord, brand spanking new, with the window sticker still on and everything. It's tempting to get a new car but Reese needs more room in the back and we don't have a car payment. I will drive it around listening to the XM radio until those crackpots can figure out what's wrong with my car.
Reese's vocab is growing a mile a minute. I can't even count the number of words she can say. She's AWESOME at telling us after she's used the restroom and when her diaper needs to be changed. In fact last week she stayed at her friend's house while I went to Honda and Abby's Mom told me how easy Reese will be to potty train because she told Mandi every time she peed as well. Reese is a funny kid.

We've also been taking afternoon rides in her wagon. I walk another 2.5 miles every afternoon and Reese chills in her wagon enjoying the ride. That is our week in a nutshell. This weekend Aunt Leslie comes for a visit, so we're hoping to have LOTS of fun with her.
Ryan accidentally stepped on the dog's paw...she gimped around like this faking injury until he asked her if she wanted a bone...it was a miracle how quickly she healed.

No comments: