My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Sunday, February 24, 2008

my kiddo

She's been a little congested lately, might be the weather considering it's 59 when we walk in the morning and 87 when we play outside in the afternoon. Either way along with the Vick's Baby Rub on her chest, the vaporizer going at night and the newly propped mattress she's been feeling a little better today. We propped up the head of her mattress so the snot would drain better while she sleeps. I don't think it does any good...considering when she wakes up she's slid slightly down the incline and is sideways in her crib. She makes me laugh. I woke up to this position this morning. She was in the same spot when she woke up from her nap this afternoon as well. We lowered the incline a little bit tonight so we'll see where she moves herself tomorrow. She mostly does this after she wakes up sometime in the 20 minutes I allow her to talk to herself in the morning while I listen on the monitor to her and somehow sleep a few extra minutes. She'll just talk to herself (and her pink elephant in the corner of her bed) and when you go in to get her she gets so excited you are there, she'll kick her legs and laugh at you until you pick her up. That is my favorite part of the day.
While I eat lunch Reese chews on her Bumbo. I think the chair feels good on her gums




Napping in Mom's bed is way cooler than napping in my crib







1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Reese is so cute and is getting so big! It's amazing how quickly time flies once you have kids! (This is Stephanie welch by the way) You are going to think this is totally random, but another of my friends here on blogger posted about her kids being sick with coughs and congestion and suggested putting vapo-rub on their feet and covering it with socks at night. I thought this was crazy at first, but my girls were sick this month and it totally works. So if Reese is coughing as well as the congestion try it out. It worked wonders for us! It looks like your move went well! Your house is darling!