My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm back!

We got the Internet and cable up and running today. It's a miracle that I lasted this long without crawling into a hole and dying. I managed to survive, it was tough but alas I am here. The move went well, minus the fact that I lost my three boxes of beloved and tasy Girl Scount Cookies. Yes in a sad twist of fate the movers took them for the road trip and I hardly had any. I feel like it might have been the powers above letting me know I need to stop eating but either way I was bummed. I offered the movers (mainly Jack the older fellow) some cookies while he was packing. I was having one and I felt it was rude not to offer any to him. Several hours later when I needed a little afternoon pick me up I (they had left the house for the day) I went in the kitchen looking for my cookies. Ryan laughed and said he was pretty sure he heard Jack say "I'll take whatever I don't eat for the ride home" I hope Jack dined well on his trip back to Houston with my cookies. He was nice and left me literally 3 thin mints but I guess I didn't really need them to begin with.

They arrived with all our things on Monday, and I am still living amongst a cardboard jungle. I might have made more progress if I was not planning ways to kill my husband. Let me just mention how annoying it is when someone goes behind you and moves everything you unpacked and put away. It took two days to unload all the kitchen stuff for this very reason. I am apparently stupid and can not organize therefore Ryan felt it was in our best interest to move everything to new locations. So now when I need a zip lock bag I look in the cabinet I put it in, then stare blankly into the air thinking of the new place Ryan moved it to. REAL annoying. I can not wait for him to go back to work. I am actually thinking that in about one month, to drive him crazy, I will move everything back to where I wanted it in the first place. Sounds fun right?

We unpacked and assembled Reese's jumperoo and man does that kid love the toy. She has now figured out how to make the music and lights turn on by bouncing it herself so she's been jumping around like a manic the past few days making it go off. When she sets the music amd lights off I make a big deal and clap and tell her what a good job she did. This excites her more and she'll just smile and jump even more. It's a lot of fun.

I started unloading the clothes into our new HUGE master closet. I always knew this to be true but I can offically prove now that my husband owns more clothes than 1/2 the people on this planet. I have one small rod of clothes in the closet, he has 5 and there are clothes in an additional closet as well. It's INSANE. The man throws nothing away, he hords, if it were left up to him he would be one of those people who has a small walking trail in his house and there would be crap everywhere else. It's sickening really.

Today I attempted to go see Hillary Clinton speak in Robstown, one town over from where I live. I saw yesterday on the "Pete's Chicken Shack" sign "Welcome our next President Hillary Clinton"...random...as we're driving to Target I tell Ryan that she's got to be coming, he of course (because he knows everything) tells me she's not coming and I'm dumb...turns out I WAS RIGHT (I wish he would accept this is the case most times) and she was coming to town. So I went over there thinking it would be a great way to listen to her speak in a town hall meeting. I had NO idea how many democrats were in this town, but when I got there I realized that many minorities are democratic and I being white, am now the minority. So I waited in line with literally about 10,000 people and did not even get into the door. I stood in line from 11:30 until 1 when I gave up because there were about 2,000 more people in front of me and they were saying it was at capacity already. In the short time I was outside, in 69 degree weather I got slightly sunburned. A very mild red but red. So considering it's February 13 I guess I now see that living near the water I will need to be in sunscreen ALL the time. Reese will be swimming in Water Babies sunblock by the end of the summer. I'm going to be so tan, I can't wait. I love being tan, seriously that and getting my haircut and like my two most favorite things in the whole world.

Ok, so that was a long one. I will post some pictures from the past week tomorrow when I have some more down time. Until then have fun!

No comments: