My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

day two


Today was day two of stroller strides. My first day was not really a normal class, in Corpus the wind was blowing at hurricane like speeds so we couldn't really walk around the park. Instead we jogged around an little theatre (which provided excellent coverage from the wind), did lots of squats and abs and got a good work out. I was good until about Tuesday night when my joints felt like rocks and I think my body was cursing me. Yes I am fat and clearly out of shape. Everyone in the class is about as big around as my pinkie finger so it's good motivation for me to drop some more pounds.

Since it was raining this a.m. we met at the mall...more power walking this time, but WAY more cardio bursts...I think the killer for me was the squats and then jumping up and going back into a squat that pretty much did me in. All in all another excellent work out. Reese played with her toys the whole time and did very well. I met some more very nice people and am sure I will see them again.

I bought Reese a hat at Target to help keep the sun out of her face on the super sunny days we'll have in Corpus while she is riding in the stroller. I had to add some more velcro since the one that came on the hat was too big. Clearly she's not a big fan of having anything around her chin...let's hope it's because she was tired and I was messing with her before bed.

Well I am off to continue to wait for the cable guy to arrive...between 12-5 always means 4:45....tomorrow Chewie goes to the new vet to get her bloodwork checked after her brush with death.

1 comment:

CLP said...

I love reading about your adventures in parenting, not to mention all the pics of Reese. Damn she is cute.