My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Saturday, February 23, 2008

A few things I miss....and other random thoughts

about College Station:
9. good pedicures
8. stores that are not 20 minutes away
7. knowing the channel numbers I like to watch
6. my old DVR machine
5. my mom's condo at lunch
4. Reese being a good sleeper
3. our old shower
2. gossiping at work
1. my friends

things I don't miss about College Station:
3. traffic
2. my small duplex (even though it was a great place to live)
1. not having to drive Ryan's truck (and Ryan not having to drive his truck)

One of my wishes may be coming true in the VERY near future. Ryan has agreed that it is a waste of money to have his truck continue to sit in our driveway (he has a company car) and to waste our money on insurance when he doesn't need it. He even spoke to someone today and hauling it to Mexico and selling. It served a purpose when we were in College Station, getting him to and from school, although at times a mule might have been more reliable. So maybe in a few short weeks that green beast, a.k.a. the "shaggin' wagon" (Do not ask my why we started calling it that...I didn't make it up) will be gone and I won't have to worry about how much it will cost the next time it breaks down.

I should also mentioned....three days of stroller strides down...2 pounds closer to my goal weight and feeling good. I even took the dog and Reese on an hour long walk today through the subdivision...I grew up surrounded by hills and haven't seen one since I was 14....good thing my week of squats has come and past because there are BIG hills here and I walked them all. I think I am about two weeks away from a running stroller...it would be so much easier in class....I'll be saving my money...

Reese and I also spent about two hours the past few days swinging on our swing set. She and I both enjoy it...although I need a little bit bigger of a swing...my ass is bigger than the average 5 year old. Chewie also loves the swing set...Ryan who never stops shocking me with the stupid crap he does to the dog, put her on the slide twice...needless to say she hated it. I hope she pees on his pillows.

More pictures will be posted this next week...

No comments: