My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Really GROSS but kind of funny!

This afternoon Thurman had to get a shot from the vet which of course makes him super thirsty...which then leads to super amounts of urine. Thus after being gone this afternoon at Stroller Strides I returned home to find copious amounts of dog pee. That was round one of clean up in a short amount of time.
We had a neighborhood meeting to attend tonight so I planned on cooking a quick dinner but had to call Ryan to get some Whataburger on the way home. I knew I didn't have time to cook, clean dog pee and get to the meeting on time. So he picked up dinner and made it home to eat 20 min. before the meeting.
As we're eating he tells Reese to take a bite of her burger. She had just CHUGGED a huge thing of chocolate milk. So as she is chewing her first bite he tells her to take a second bite. She had way too much in her mouth but apparently he knew better.
So I see her struggling to eat the food and she starts crying. I had her come over to me and said "If it's too much to chew just give it to me" and I cupped my hand to get her food rather than have her choke on it. So she opens her mouth to spit it out and what do I cup in my hands and what gets ALL over the floor? PUKE. Don't ask me how it happened but she literally threw up everywhere, I guess she was in the process of having too much food going down and it all came back up. So here I am with a fist full of barf, it's all over the floor, she's crying that she threw up etc. Ryan takes her over to the sick and gets her cleaned up and takes her clothes off. After that's all done he says there is puke on his shirt. Mind you this is at 6:58 and the meeting is at 7.
As he's done changing his shirt he says "Man it's been a long time since I've had puke on my shirt, that's gross". I looked at him and said "I had puke cupped in my hand"...he agreed. I won that pissing contest hands down.
As we're heading out of the house in a whirlwind he lets out a big sigh and says "The joys of parenthood" to which I responded a second time with "I had puke cupped in my hands" and reminded him that mother's always get the short end of the stick.
At least this time he was there to help me clean up and deal with the disaster. She rarely pukes but every time it has happened he hasn't been home. Glad he was able to see how much work cleaning that up can be...and let him remember who did more of the dirty work on that one.

No comments: