My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend '09

Hello friends and family! I should apologize for my blogging absence, but we have been VERY busy. It should be noted that after two calls this afternoon from both my Grandmother and Nana about my lack of picture updates, I made it a point to sit down tonight and get it done. I did try last night, however blogger was not cooperating with me.
Last week my good friend Beth came for a visit. She traveled from Baltimore to meet Reese for the first time and see Corpus Christi...as exciting as the city may be. She was even a good sport and attended two of my Stroller Strides classes as a willing participant. Let's all give a hand to Beth who worked out on her vacation. She rocks. Beth and I have known each other since we were born, well since she was born because she's younger than me. We spent many a summer in beautiful Cape May, NJ...many other times at each other's homes and it was nice to see her again. We hope she'll come back soon.

Now onto the LONG and picture filled update.

The first two pictures are of Reese putting several layers of clothing on at once. About a week ago she received a package in the mail from MiMi and it was filled with all kinds of new clothes. I am the same way about wanting to wear new clothes, but she took it to a new level. My Dad used to say "If it's new she'll wear it" about me...Dad, same goes for Reese. I taught her well.
Three shirts and three pairs of shorts...no joke
We hit the pool for the first time on May 17th. She had a BLAST and reaffirmed what we already knew...she LOVES water. We were attempting to take a picture of Reese ready to go to the pool for the first time. It turned out to be the perfect mug shot.

I guess she did not get this trait from me as I can not do the Vulcan salute (FYI she did that completely on her own and we laughed our butts off when we saw it in the picture)

Beth and Reese checking out the "air-panes" on the flight deck of Lady Lex
Fighter Pilot Reese...aboard the USS Lexington
Hello from sunny Corpus Christi Beaches...it's lovely this time of year...feel free to visit.
This is how you do the beach in Corpus....it's weird/unethical (to me) to drive on the beach
A shining example of why you shouldn't be able to drive your car on the beach. The nice man in the bigger Dodge helped pull the other out of the sand/water. In the two days Beth and I were at the beach we saw a car, this truck, and a dump truck (several times over again) get pulled out of the sand. It's free entertainment.
Cheese!
Mommy and her bambino In the hole that Ryan dug.
Beth....ON A BOAT!

Beth riding in the waves on Reese's float.

Why it's meant for babies...yes she was stuck
Ryan and Reese feeding her breakfast to the seagulls. Also note Ryan's sandcastles in the picture. He mentioned to me on Monday that it's nice to have a kid so we can play with all her toys....(he likes being a kid again). I had to remind him that yes, it's nice, but it only works when you actually involve your child in the sandcastle activity. He spent the greater portion of his time building his own apartment complex.
I will likely title the picture below, "Three morons in the street"
Really this was three grown adults, all smart in their own right (only looking like morons during this process) trying to fly a kite with no wind in the middle of a residential neighborhood. It should be noted when Ryan sets his mind to something he follows through (well maybe not with school as of yet) but he did get the kite to fly (finally!) Reese and I sat and watched (and used sidewalk chalk and bubbles) as they ran up and down the block countless number of times, getting LOTS of stares from passers-by.

Hope you all enjoyed this LONG and informative blog.

No comments: