My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, May 11, 2009

hell week

Today begins what Ryan and I seem to think will be "Hell Week". This morning at about 10:30ish Reese gave away her pacifiers. (I should be noted one was kept at home in the event of a major catastrophe which would have required a pacifier) Reese's dear friend Ty (or as she likes to call him "Baby Ty") is about 3 months old and we figured he MUST need pacifiers. We figured that throwing them away would not make as much sense to her as telling her that Baby Ty needed them. So she kindly handed them to Ty this morning and we said bye to them. As soon as we got in the car she asked for it and I said "Remember we gave them to Baby Ty" She followed me by saying "Remember" and that was that.
We had a small session of crying when I put her down for her nap but I would say a mild crying for 15 minutes was not as bad as it could have been. For the past few weeks we've been putting her doggie blanket in her arms for bed time in hopes that it would comfort her and she would be used to it when the day to ditch "passy" came. Hopefully we'll have a good week...if not I will be hairless by Thursday.

No comments: