My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I think we're over the hump

We're on day four of our week without a pacifier...Nap time still proves to be our biggest challenge, but bed time has gone cry free the past two nights. She knows that only babies use pacifiers and that she's a big girl. Hopefully today's nap will continue to go well with less crying as we go along. (Day 2 was 1.5 hours of blood curdling screams-NOT FUN).
On Saturday I am running my leg of the Beach to Bay relay marathon. Myself and a team of some super fit Moms from Stroller Strides decided to run. I have leg 1 and while it will be cooler at 7 a.m. I am not sure how 4.08 miles of running in the SAND will work for me.
I'm pretty sure that by late afternoon on Saturday I will be dead. (Please be sure that Ryan honors my wishes and buries me in College Station. I want that new cemetery where I can overlook Aggieland for eternity. My family knows my other dying wish regarding my child...respect my wishes or I will haunt you all from the grave.) I'm hoping to finish my leg in about 45 min so we'll see how it goes. I never in my right mind thought I would run a relay marathon much less the leg that is in the sand but stranger things have happened. Last time I ran any sort of race is when I did a 5k with my juvie girls in 2004 the semester I supervised Girls on Track.

Reese has a new baby doll (Baby Ty..sorry Gail) and it came with some bottles (Thanks Monica and Wayland) so she's been feeding her baby and mothering it. Very cute until she pokes the baby in the eye. Good thing she's not so rough with real live babies.

Here's a video. I think this is the video where she uses her finger to clean the baby. For the record I have never done this to her so I have no clue where she came up with this.
And I leave you with that as Reese is going through my checkbook and I should probably make sure she's not "coloring" on my checks.


3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Reese is ready for a real baby of her own to play with!!

Good luck on your marathon. Let us know how it goes!

Shannon said...

You are going to do great this weekend...you have come such a long way in fitness and strength. Let me know how it goes. How did you decide it was time for Reesie to give up the pacie?

Unknown said...

Good luck running this weekend. I'm still waiting for Stroller Strides to make me into a runner....they are trying but I haven't budged yet. I hope to be at some point, but I want the skills and desire to magically appear:) Sounds like yall are loving SS as much as we do. I've added you to my stalk list....have a great weekend!