My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm not dead yet!

Obviously by the title of this post you all know I completed my race and lived to tell. I got up at 4:15 this morning to eat some breakfast and head out for race. We got to the shuttle lot at 5:50 and I loaded the bus and rode to my starting point. Myself and 1980 other people kicked off at 7:02 a.m. for our 4.08 mile trek in the sand. Thank goodness the sand was packed down nicely, it was so packed down that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There were a few little rough patches and some loose sand in some spots but it could have been MUCH worse. I made friends on the last mile with a very nice elementary school boy who ran with me for the last portion. I told him he could run if I did (as I saw him walking) and we both pushed each other to the end. I completed my leg in 42 minutes and passed my baton off to the next lucky contestant. I will say the last 100-200 feet was the softest sand I have ever seen and I did almost roll my ankle...like I said thankfully it was packed down for my run. I also must give props to my team who kicked some MAJOR booty and the 8 month pregnant lady who I saw running. My team came in 79th out of the 230 Women's teams and 1001 over all (out of 1980 teams). Our whole team was done in 4 hours and 40 min...with the Portland Stroller Strides team coming in 4 minutes before us...it should prove how FIT we all are. We're HOT MAMAS!
Then came the fun part of going back on the shuttle bus. I waited for 30 minutes for the bus, got on the bus and sat in traffic for 2 hours before we reached our car. Yes three of my other leg runners were done with their portion before I even got off the bus. Sitting on the city bus with hard seats was more painful than the run.
My whole team could not make it to the after party to take a picture but we had some...and one even from the Portland team...Kristalynn, Julie, myself and Neysa (Julie and Neysa we on my team)
Myself, LeAnn (another SS Mom who ran on her family team) and Alice Ann who was on the Portland team.
GOOD JOB MOMS! We did it...next year we'll do it again and we'll be better prepared for the CF traffic after we're all done running.
I'll be putting my Finishers Medal next to my Cookie Eating Queen medal...really a running medal and a medal for winning and eating contest should ALWAYS be side by side.

No comments: