My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally a new post!

We made a quick trip to College Station for the March of Dimes..spent less then 24 hours in the city we love but had a very nice little visit with some of our very good friends. Reese played in her first splash pad with her friend Brock...she had so much fun. She really loves the water. She also got to go into the pool with Grampy for a little while in Kingwood. She just kicked her feet but I can already tell when we're there in July for our annual 4th of July festivities she'll have to have her swimmies on before she leaves the house because when water is around there is NO stopping her. We start her Mommy and Me swim lessons in a few weeks and I know she will love it. Our neighborhood pool opens up next week and Reese's friend Ella, and her Mom, are going to be hitting the pool with us so we're super excited. Pool time is always better with someone to hang out with.
Reese is still in love with her sunglasses...as you can see by the picture below. In fact yesterday she wore them into the store while we were running errands. She ripped them off when we got inside and handed them to me to hold while we shopped. She's such a big girl.
She only has the pacifier in the car and at bedtime...we're getting ready to kick the habit...I'm just not ready yet.
Getting under the table was the easy part. I'm clearly a bad Mom for taking a picture of her when she was stuck. She got out seconds after I snapped the photo


Reese figured out how to get herself dressed. Sometimes she gets things a little backwards...see below
Note the back pockets...they still fit backwards so she didn't care.
She had a BIG learning week. It's so cool to see the things she comes up with these days. Every day when I put her down for her nap she counts to herself before she goes to sleep. She can go from one to eleven but always leaves out 5 and 9. Close enough.
Also she enjoys reading the book "Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do you See". This week she mastered saying "Panda Panda What do you see" and as you'll see in the video she sings the last part of the "Farmer in the Dell". Not sure why she looks up to wave at the ceiling fan but she says "Hi Ho the Derr-er-O" again so close...
She also knows the tune Happy Birthday when I play it on her little piano book. She saw me playing with it and without me singing along she knew I was playing Happy Birthday. She "plays" the piano now and sings Happy Birthday to anyone she can think of. I think the video it's for Daddy...but yesterday Reese also wanted Chewie to have a Happy Birthday. Enjoy the video

No comments: