My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, February 2, 2009

A City Girl Can Survive!

We traveled to La Grange this weekend for our annual trip to make sausage. I never thought this would be something I would enjoy. In fact tales are told of my first sausage making weekend, when I brought along a lawn chair and my People magazine to read while everyone else was working. I lasted all of ten minutes before I was chopping, grinding and stuffing meat like everyone else. This year I didn't get to participate as I was chasing around Reese. Keeping her out of the fire, away from all sharp knives and entertained. We took a few trips in town to visit our awesome friends Lucy, Les and Chris. Reese got to experience her first hotel stay, and we learned that no nap just means a WIRED child. Fun weekend had by all. It should be noted that Ryan lost his knife, I think he equates this to life as he knows it being over. Hopefully we can take him off suicide watch soon. Enjoy pics....if you have a weak stomach LOOK AWAY!
Raw meat waiting to be stuffed into casing. As I look at this picture I realize, it's not all that sanitary.
Bobby showed up with his deer meat frozen...it thawed out nicely on the roof. I think we're going to take this photo and send it to the FDA with the caption "Our local HEB" (HEB is our grocery store).

Reese's poor hair...the static, wind and fleece hat did not mix for a good hair day. I asked her not to move while I took pictures....she held the camera case for me

Ryan cutting meat...I think that's the knife he lost. He should be more careful. I had a coupon for a $1.00 off organic milk which he lost the night before. He told me it was no big deal. When he lost his knife he was very upset...I should have told him "no big deal"

Meat...as in 500lbs of pig about to be cut up and stuffed into casing

Example of Ryan's outstanding picture taking abilities...blur anyone?

My sweet baby

Running through the hotel parking lot

Loving the new elephant she got from Mimi and Grampy

1 comment:

Andrea H. said...

For the record, Bobby's dad showed up with frozen meat.


Great seeing y'all this weekend.