My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Little Monkey

No one really prepared me for the climbing part of having a 1 year old. She discovered that she can climb and nothing is stopping her. I am thinking about just leaving her wrapped in bubble wrap to prevent any and all injuries. She can climb up almost everything and really enjoys standing on chairs. Anytime we're in her room, she climbs up into the rocking chair and stands on it rocking back and forth. I'm thrilled as you can imagine because now I just sit guard making sure she doesn't splat down onto anything. She's also having major listening issues and is not at all threatened by the potential of getting in trouble. I tell her no and then she just does what I tell her not to do...instead the second time she says "No No NO" and smiles at me. Imagine how much fun her teenage years will be for us. We're still Daddy free, which means no cooking dinner this week. I love that part.

Reese has gotten into the habit of putting her hat on at night and reading a book all on her own. Her favorite right now is Bad Dog Marley. Marlie is Reese's middle name, so when they came out with kid books based on "Marley and Me" I thought they would be prefect gifts for me to continue giving her (Our little thing). So she asks for that book after she has climbs up onto the rocking chair of course, slaps on her hat and points out all the times Marley is in the book. Although she says "mawee" Every time she turns the page she says "page". Too Cute! Here's a few pics of her trying to push off bedtime as long as possible.

3 comments:

Celie said...

Remember you are the boss.Time out.
Bad Girl Marlie

mamasteph said...

I wish I could tell you they outgrow the climbing thing quickly! But, Lainey still climbs on EVERYTHING! Cute pics--love the hat!

Anonymous said...

Wait for two years my friend! Wait for two!