My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finally getting into the holiday spirit

We're a little late getting into the holiday spirit but we finally went and got our tree. It's a little late I know, but my trip to San Diego pushed back our tree trimming fun one weekend. We loaded up the family truckster and headed into town to hunt for the perfect tree. Unlike the Christmas Story we did not have a flat tire, but we did move the carseat into Ryan's truck...I think someone said the Queen Mother of all words...what's Christmas without one...right? We're also using the Herbst Christmas Tree box, which Ryan said would never work, but as I write this amazingly our tree is still standing. Sometimes he doubts my intelligence but I remind him constantly that most of the time I end up being right.
I figured I would treat everyone to a holiday classic. Our Christmas card from three years ago...As you can see Chewie REALLY loves Chritmas and getting all dressed up...we sort of dressed her up again this year...not as much fun...see below
A "baby" tree
How about this one Dad?

Ryan and Reese with the tree

Chilling in the Wal-Mart parking lot...I should mention that we as a family had a BIG laugh as the lady with the ukulele walked by (why you ask because she was playing the ukulele as she walked to her car, and wearing a Santa hat with Tigger on it) Better yet, she got in the passenger seat of her hubby's car and as they drove off she was STILL playing...we love Wal-mart. Oh and we secured a box on our Wal-Mart bingo playing card...a child without shoes. I should mention as well he was not just shoeless he was entire outfit-less (Go ahead I know you're thinking we're terrible people...we're totally ok with you thinking that)
Reese in the truck with the tree. We rode home from Corpus like this...NOT

How else can I torture the dog? Cover her in tree limbs as we trim the bottom of the tree...so much fun

Lights...with this being our first year, next year I will invest in more lights. I had to school Ryan in the art of putting on lights...he still needs work

I had to go light on the ornaments due to "little fingers". Props to Maryann and the AWESOME ornaments she sent us for our wedding shower...I LOVE them. Thanks also to Emily and Caroline (I will spare you of your nicknames) for the handmade ornaments as well.

Just added this for fun...In the kitchen at MiMi's house...totally clueless I was about to ditch her for several days...however she LOVED staying at MiMi and Grampy's house...Cute outfit...thanks Nana and Poppop
As exhibited below...the awesome FLIP that Mom and Dad got me allows for me to master my movie making skills. So here is a small preview of my film debut

No comments: