My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Round 1

We hit the road this weekend for Round 1 of Christmas. We headed to Geronimo on Friday night and stayed the weekend. Ryan even took the day off on Monday so we could stay an extra day. However our trip was marred by two unfortunate events. One: Our camera broke (yes the camera Leslie was kind enough to hand down to us). Thankfully we managed to take a few pictures through the view finder since our screen has been smashed beyond recognition. Sadly I will once again be camera shopping after the holidays. Two: Our sprinkler broke on Saturday (while we were gone) and water flowed freely out of our front yard for HOURS before the city was called to turn it off. I think I will have to offer up Reese for payment as I am sure our water bill will be equivalent to the price of our first born.
That being said we had a good time visiting family, Reese enjoyed Round 1 of Christmas and I am proud to say I ran 2.5 miles on Saturday morning (without my child) and didn't die afterwards. Things can only look up from here. If the pictures are jank don't blame me, Ryan insisted on taking pictures despite the camera passing on to the land where cameras go when they die. I don't know what the name of the land is but I am sure it's nice.
We're off to Kingwood tomorrow for Christmas Round 2. I am super excited and will hopefully come to you live from Kingwood sometime while we're gone. I will con Leslie into taking LOTS of pictures with her working camera while I figure out what to do about ours. Have Merry Christmas, I hope Santa brings everyone what the asked for.
At the "Country Christmas" in Geronimo...I don't know if Christmas included the weather being in the 70's and me sweating while we walked around, but I guess that's Texas for you. Reese is enjoying the mini-donkeys at the stables. I love me some mini donkeys...
Opening presents at Oma and Opa's house

Me laughing at Ryan for taking jank pictures with our busted camera

This morning at our house, she had no clue that bow was in her hair...little ones she can tell, this one she had no clue.

No comments: