My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Sunday, May 25, 2008

a LONG update

The first three pictures are from the play date Reese and I hosted at our house for the Stroller Strides group. I guess someone slipped me the date rape drugs when I agreed to host this so soon after we moved in the house. There was a lot of house prep work that had to be done in order to kid proof everything. It did give me an excuse to do some things that needed to be done. The second guest room is now a haven for all things Ryan can't get done because he is so busy with work. All the boxes which he promised me he would unpack three months ago are now in that room and I will have the door shut until further notice. I think in three more months when he hasn't even figured out where I moved those boxes I might just throw it all away. After all one whole box is floppy disk computer games...yes folks I said floppy disks...circa third grade...
Two sprinkler games we have going. The boys seemed to enjoy them. Reese and I played with the ball toy on Friday when we were camping outside. After the play group we found a frog in the house and very mysterious poop in my bedroom/bathroom area. So because the poop was large and I don't do bugs/rodents etc...we left the house that morning and stayed outside until Ryan got home around 8 p.m. It made for a long day but we kept ourselves entertained. Apparently frogs can poop pellets half their body size...or so my husband tells me. I am still not totally convinced that we don't have something else living in our house.

Reese also enjoys the baby pool....
Our good friend Lucy bought Reese this hat. It has cute little shoes to match but Reese won't keep them on long enough for me to take a picture. I can get one shoe on and in the time it takes to get the second on she has taken the first one off.


Playing in her pack and play
Eating her pack and play


The first video is of Reese playing in her pack and play last night.
This is from last week. Reese now has a drum that speaks English and Spanish so we're working on the ABCs....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's the more fun advice: When he is gone, you can totally throw all that crap away and they will never notice. Two SUV trunk fulls gone to Salvation Army while he was in Afghanistan ... hasn't even noticed :)