My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Reese update

We headed off to College Station on Friday night to see some GREAT friends and to participate in the March of Dimes. As always we had fun, shirts were made but in typical College Station weather it was too cold to show them off. Last year it was 100 degrees and I was pregnant (so I felt like it was 150 degrees), this year we made tank tops and it was a breezy 61. We just can't win. Reese and I ventured to Kingwood Saturday afternoon to see the fam, and to pick up the beloved Chewie. She's working her way out of her doggie depression after leaving her friend Kobe. Reese is learning all new kinds of tricks, she can bang two toys together, clap (it takes a while but she's working on it) and as of today can stick her tongue out and make fun sounds with it. Here are a few pics from over the weekend. Reese's new beach dress from her Oma. (she's standing on her own, with a little help from the back of the couch)

Gearing up for the March of Dimes and having fun with friends the night before. Brock was reading Reese his tractor book and making she that she had her pacifier if need be. He's too cute. I left them in the living room together and asked him to watch Reese...his response was "Sure" We like Brock, he's cool.
Reese's first official dip in the pool.
I know, I should have put a top on her but who cares, she was wearing TONS of sunscreen
Reese's AL (Aunt Leslie) is awesome, much like me, which is why we're sisters and why I like her so much. AL bought her a new outfit and made her look like baby Rambo (to go with a nickname we have for Reese)...I think it's too cute. Sean (Leslie's boyfriend) held up fake plants to make it look like Reese was fighting terrorists in the brush. If you look closely you can see the brown eye shadow we put under Reese's eyes for added effect. Yet another reason that I have so much fun hanging out with my family..they just understand me (and are as crazy random funny as I like to think I am)
Again, keep your fingers crossed that the Jedi fighting squirrels are gone soon. Tonight I am pretty sure it was them during the scary part of Lost that made me think someone was trying to come in the front door. I scare easily. Leslie and I can always blame Dad, he let us watch Poltergeist at a very impressionable age. We love you Dad...so what if Leslie has an arsenal of flashlights next to her at night, we're well rounded more entertaining adults for it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE baby Rambo!! They eyeshadow is sooooo Herbst!