My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I think it's officially summer in Corpus...

It's HOT, that is about all I can say about living in Corpus. Yesterday at Stroller Strides my sunglasses wouldn't stay on my face because there was JUST that much sweat pouring off it. My hair was soaking wet to the point like it looked like I just showered. They tell me it only gets worse. Yeah! I will say the upside of this is I should lose weight by the minute from now on, the downside I'm exhausted and need a nap before Reese takes her after all the hard work. I hope gas doesn't go much higher (haha) or I might have to skip class two days a week to cut costs. Seriously people doesn't the oil industry know how important it is to me not to be the fat daughter in law of the Bading family. Let's face reality and admit I already am, but I am busting some A to make that margin smaller, but unless I stop eating completely I still have class 5 days a week, sometimes 6 if Ryan is busy, which let's face it is ALL the time these days.
We're home alone again this week, will be next week and the week after that. We're headed to Kingwood for a visit the last week in May so I don't have to hang out for that long by my lonesome for too long. I will say the grocery bill is MUCH smaller when I don't have to cook dinner. We headed to Mommy & Me Yoga today, Reese did much better than expected considering she got up at 5 a.m. this morning and hasn't stopped talking since. She played with her toys nicely on the floor and interacted with the other babies, while I got a second work out of the day in. I'm motivated (can you tell?)
Tomorrow Chewie has to go to the vet to get her ear checked, she's got something funky going on because it smells so I guess I will nip that in the bud. She'll hate me more than she already does but somebody has to be the bad guy and since Ryan just makes her crazy when he gets home from work. I guess that means I'm the bad cop of the house.
Reese jumps up and down and waves her arms whenever we call for Chewie to come play. If she sees Chewie out in the back yard she does the same thing. Chewie's not a fan of Reese pulling her hair but she is a very good sport about it. I don't know who wants the ball more Reese or the dog. Sad really. We always thought Chewie would steal baby toys but it's funny how it is totally opposite of that at our house.
Ok, those are all my random thoughts of the day. Hopefully Ryan will come home from Mexico tonight, if they go into that damn cabin again on Lost I'll be too scared to go to bed. Damn Christian Shepard....scares the be-jesus out of you each time he's in the creepy cabin.

2 comments:

Celie said...

As you know, my hubby Doug was also gone for 1/3 of the time we had small children. (I was never really scared to be alone, except for the battle of the bats and when Doug came home unexpectedly and Russ came with a gun to get the "prowler.")
But the first time John Locke went to that cabin in Lost and I was home alone, I was (like they say in NY) "ASCARED." Now leslie comes and watches it with me- she sleeps, but she is there. Kobe is worthless.

Ashley said...

Yeah. Pretty sure I took a two hour nap after class today. Glad I wasn't the only pooped one and I didn't even go to yoga, you crazy girl.