My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mowing the lawn and other outdoor tasks

This weekend we started our yard preparation for Chat & Play. I am hosting a play group at my house this week, I must have done drugs when I said yes knowing our house was not ready for the one year and older crowd. So we redid the bricks in the backyard and made the patio level again (I sure don't need anyone tripping and getting sued) and then we mowed. I say "we" because I did the back and half the front. Then I was told that I was not doing a good enough job and Ryan took over. For someone who works 'round the clock right now he shouldn't criticize those who are doing him a favor...or they will never do him a favor again. Anyway I need to thank my Dad for never making me mow when I was growing up. It SUCKS. I guess it's not that bad but turning the mower to make straight lines is where I have trouble. We have a mower with "push assist"...I need turn assist.

Reese wore Ryan's new hat this weekend. Monsanto is big on protecting yourself from skin cancer, which Ryan has never been big on. Sidebar story..he used to be in the fields all summer long while he was in school...never wore sunscreen. My sister got him some for his birthday...still unopened. So now that he works for a company who enforces sun protection he can't ignore it. So anyway he has this new hat in which he looks like a bee keeper, minus the net over his face...it's hysterical. So I put Reese in it this morning...totally worth it...she didn't seem to mind. While we worked in the yard she played by herself in the pack and play, spilled half the juice/water she had in her cup and avoided all sun exposure. It was a busy weekend but I think it's coming to an end. Hopefully I at least got some sun while I was mowing...my tan is not near where it should be for living in Corpus.


why Reese can't use her swing anymore...
playing
playing nicely while we worked
yeah she worked hard too. Chewie leads such a rough life. she looks pathetic
Ryan re-doing the back patio
Reese in the bee keeper hat that Ryan has to wear at work
Reese is ready for star in the next Indiana Jones movie....

No comments: