My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, April 28, 2008

A busy weekend

We had a pretty busy weekend. We headed off towards wacko Waco on Friday for Ryan's cousin Justin's wedding. We stopped in Moody first so Ryan could make it a work trip. Reese and I played in the car and I taught her how to honk the truck horn while Ryan walked around in the sorghum field for 30 minutes. After that we headed to Waco and attended the rehearsal and dinner with some of the family. I got to spend time with the super fun and always enjoyable Erin and also with the other Erin, who is going to be marrying our friend BJ in June. Friday night Reese wasn't too happy of a camper to be off her schedule but she was better by Saturday.
Saturday we had some family bonding time in the morning and over lunch, I say family because we are a nice little family of three (my other child Chewie is in Kingwood apparently standing at the top of the stairs and barking to prevent Kobe or Dusty from coming upstairs. Apparently she's the new law in town). While Ryan was at the Church, I was at the hotel with Reese getting us both ready for the wedding I allowed Reese to have a special treat. I don't usually let her watch TV, however Sixteen Candles was on and I figured since we were out of town and she was playing with her toys I would let her listen. It is a classic.
The wedding was really nice, Reese spent time with her Oma and slept on her shoulder, so Ryan and I had time to dance. It was a fun weekend, nice to get away and spend time with Ryan and Reese.
Ryan was impressed because for the six hours on Friday and five yesterday I was awake the whole time in the car (I think that's a record). On a side note, we stopped for lunch and just got some Burger King. It had been three years since I had it last and Reese was sleeping so we needed something quick. I just have to say flame broiled is no joke. The thing was steaming when I opened the wrapper and when I laid it on my leg to put ketchup on it I think I got a 3rd degree burn. Ryan and I were both shocked and have never had a burger that hot in our lives. We're thinking of suing BK for the hot circle on my leg....hell everyone else sues why not us.
We made it safely home and Ryan went upstairs in the attic to hunt squirrel. I barricaded myself in the room with Reese. Yes folks, a little squirrel friend must have known Chewie is on vacation, as it has made a home in our attic. Ryan fixed the hole, temporarily, in case he's still up there, but we're pretty sure he was outside when we started fixing it. We'll see. Here are some pictures from this weekend. Enjoy!



Atlee and Reese played nicely and quietly in the back of the Church while everyone else in the wedding party practiced for the big day. Then I was not being a good babysitter, shortly after this shot Atlee went down and landed on the yellow block behind Reese...then he cried...it was all my fault. Ryan always says I should win the Mother of the Year award.
Atlee wears shoes, Reese throws up apricots on her clothes
Nice Reese, real nice. Right before this Atlee held Reese's hand, she returned the favor by trying to pull and eat his hair. I guess she figured since he landed on her leg he was fair game. Why not right?
My handsome husband at the Church
Sorry Mom (Celie) Reese wasn't happy without the pacifier so we had to leave it in.
Erin, the best, most talented, hard working photographer I know, put down the camera long enough to dance with her husband. Jason's real cute, I told him on the way to the Church that I really liked his wife and was glad he married her so we could be friends (even though they were married before Ryan and I started dating) he told he "I'm pretty fond of her too" I just thought it was cute.
first dance
The happy couple with Oma and Opa
Reese and her second cousin Kyndall...whenever Kyndall sees Reese she always says her name. It's real cute because she says it like...Reeeeeeeese

If you didn't know any better you'd think I was preggers again. Good news for shoppers I'm NOT. The side profile of this dress was not as flattering as looking at it from the front. The Bading clan (with one Williams...soon to be Bading)
Reese's first time two-steppin'. I made Ryan take her, I think he felt weird but he was a good sport about it.
Reese and her Daddy
Reese and her Mommy
Jill...next time I take your picture you need to look slightly more entertained! (since I know you read my blog) Three friends from college. Jason is going to be 29 this week...old fart!


1 comment:

Leslie Herbst said...

What a lovely picture of you and the Reese-bo!