My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, March 10, 2008

A pretty exciting weekend...

This past weekend we all went home to surprise Nana and Pop-Pop with a family reunion of sorts. We arrived at the house and a short while later Leslie arrived with some cousins in tow. James, Jon and Pete came down from Wyoming and Wisconsin and gave Nana and Pops one BIG shock. For a while we thought Nana was about to pass out. She survived and we had a nice weekend with the grandparents and the cousins. I had seen James for my wedding two years ago and had seen Jon once about 5 years ago, but we hadn't seen Pete since 1998. Pretty crazy. It was great to see them all and we had a blast.
Reese was apparently not feeling well so she screamed the entire weekend and would not let anyone else hold her but me. Very frustrating but hopefully that won't be something that happens all the time. I am pretty sure she had a low grade fever for most of the weekend so that might have contributed to the extra fussy behavior. Despite my child acting like the spawn of an evil do-er the weekend was a lot of fun. Something we should do again sometime soon.
Dad cooked a BIG Texas BBQ, which was awesome and Leslie planned some fun things for everyone to do.
****Pictures were not working at the time I wrote this I will add them later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Reese teething? Or maybe she's got what Talon had ... he was sick this weekend with a low grade fever.

Whit and I are going home for a girl's weekend for mom's birthday. I'm so excited!