My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, October 12, 2009

Pee Pees, Where are you?

Another weekend another road trip. We headed to College Station on Friday for some weekend fun in Aggieland. Reese and I headed up on Friday afternoon and as I drove I watched the temp. gauge on my car drop lower and lower. I was so excited. When we got there it was 59 and WINDY. As much as I hate to admit this, that Yankee blood I pride myself on so much is gone. Living in Corpus, pit of humidity and 1000+ temps has thinned my blood to the point of no return. I froze my tush off while the crew set up the tailgate tent Friday night. Reese splashed around in her rain boots, played in the mud and I stood there shivering. Sad really.
The weather forecast said it would be 74 on Saturday for game time...it never got past 59 degrees. Good thing Wal-mart was close to the condo, I headed out for some long sleeve shirts for Reese and I. I did bring her a sweatshirt but she only had a tee-shirt so I needed to warm her up.
Saturday morning we got up bright and early to head over to the Quad to watch step-off and see the Aggie Band while they headed towards Kyle Field. We have this Aggie DVD Reese likes to watch and the only part she likes is the band. She also watched clips on YouTube so we figured she would have a great time. She did really well until the drums came pounding by, after that the crying started along with the chant "No like Aggie Band". Sad really...she'll learn to love it. I think the most shocking revelation of all was that Ryan had never been to Step-off/March In. Mind you the guy has been in college for 12 straight years and has never been. Crazy I know. I think that he must have a check list of "Things to do before I get my PhD" I hope I can figure out what might be left so we can check them all off and get his ass out of school.
It was the perfect weather for football, however, Reese and I headed to the outlet mall with our friend Andrea. She got some new shoes and Osh Kosh overalls (just like I had when I was little) and she was soooo well behaved.
I had fun enjoying the cooler weather and was sad to come back to Corpus and deal with humidity and rising temps again. Tomorrow it's going to be 90 again. Gosh I love this place sometimes.
Waiting for the Aggie Band...and the cannon to sound.
Note...I had to carry my Dad's backpack...I am not this dorky of a mother to push a stroller AND wear a backpack.

Me and my BIG Aggie GIRL!
Potty Training Boot Camp started yesterday afternoon in our house. Today was the first full day. We had to go to the vet to pick Chewie up and also to run over there once more this afternoon. Both times she was diaper free and didn't have an accident. She did well at home, #1 & #2 on the potty today and only one accident after nap time. Not bad odds for day 1. We're hoping tomorrow goes well too. I am using this 3 day method thing so we'll see how we do. I know she can it's more if she will...at least we had one good day so far. She tells me when she has to go, which is great. She also tells me when she has to go but really just wants to flush the toilet. That's when she says "Pee Pees, Where are you?"...then jumps up and says "All done, I flush". Fun really.
So here's some shots of her sitting around in her undies killing time.
Enjoying her lollipop while we watch some TV

Blue tongue!
Wish me luck over the next few days!

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Love the blue tongue! And I will give the Aggies the fact they have a great band. Good luck with the potty training.

Gail said...

Good luck with the potty training - it sounds like things are going well - good for y'all!!! :)

Also wanted to say - you looked great in those pics from Aggieland - your face looked super slim and I like the haircut!

Hope y'all are well!