My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Friday, August 28, 2009

pics and one long video

Sorry for the lack of posting all this week. I hosted Bunco at the house on Wednesday night so Monday and Tuesday were spent in the trenches making sure the house was spotless. Oh and Tuesday I spent the better part of the day dealing with my car battery, which had a hole in it...and then got to deal with my favorite Honda dealership ever. Thankfully the car is back in working order.
Reese got lots of Daddy time this week. We drove him to work on Tuesday when my car was dead...She went out to dinner with him while I hosted Bunco and then he took her to McDonald's to play on the play place. He swears to me he will never take her back because of the snot-nosed kids that were there. Then Thursday morning he watched her while I went to the dentist. Plus he came home early yesterday after his doctor's appointment.
It's official, Ryan is now on blood pressure medicine. It's been a long time coming but he's finally on some meds, so we're hoping his head doesn't pop off anytime soon. He was borderline Stage 2 hypertension. I think he said the Dr. all but stated "I'm amazed you're still alive".
In other news: It arrived! The BOB stroller is in our possession. Reese and I tested it out today and man is BOB a smooth ride. Reese must have been excited too. When her BFF Claire arrived to class she yelled to her "Claire I got a new stroller" I was cracking up. Here she is in her sweet new ride.
These pigtails, or piggies as Reese calls them, lasted about 2.2 seconds after this picture was snapped.
As stated last week, we had the circus themed birthday party this past Saturday. As soon as we got there the clown sent Reese into MAJOR meltdown mode. So for the first 20 minutes she screamed, cried and dug nails into Ryan and I out of sheer terror. She cooled off playing in the backyard of the birthday boy's house where she was sure the clown would not kidnap her and make her work for the carnies with their scary lobster claw hands.
After the clown departed she ventured out of the backyard and rode the merry-go-round, jumped in the moonwalk and played with the other kiddos. She even got her nose painted like a clown...despite the hated for all things clown related. She had fun, took a nice long afternoon nap and then proceeded to run around like a chicken without a head for the rest of the day. Rare shot...Me and Reese. Mind you it was 9,000 degrees on this day (and yes 9,000 is just about accurate)

Here's the latest video montage of tricks. Sorry it's a long one, trying to keep all parties satisfied with updates.


2 comments:

Celie said...

She is not matching...how does this happen?
teddy bear shirt and hawaiian shorts.
Unacceptable....

Sara Bading said...

Mom- she was told not to match at the circus party...wear your best mismatched clown attire. I would never let her leave the house like that on a good day. I have more sense than that