My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fancy Nancy

We've had a busy week(s). Rebecca (the owner of Stroller Strides of Corpus Christi) was on vacation so we stepped up our game. Not only did we dog sit for her 110+ pound lab, we also taught a bunch of classes in her absence. It was a ton of fun and I think Reese really enjoyed having Bailey around. He is much more calm than Chewie is. We had nightly walks with the dogs and lots of doggie wrestling. When Leslie was here two weekends ago we had three dogs. That was like a three ring circus.

We were sad to see Bailey go, however I think my vacuum cleaner is thanking me for being able to take a vacation now. Of course we've still been hitting the pool, had a pizza party with friends, and this weekend we're heading to a circus themed birthday party complete with Merry-go-round. I'll be sure to post pics of that in the days to come.

Reese took a trip this past weekend with Ryan to Geronimo. Since we were dog sitting I stayed home and had about 27 hours sans baby and husband. I enjoyed a movie, and some nice quiet relaxation. Sorry no pics to post of their Daddy/Daughter get-away since Ryan was in charge of packing he didn't take a camera. From what I hear she had fun.

Ryan's getting ready to register for yet ANOTHER semester of college (will it EVER end?!?!?!?) and is getting ready to officiate some more high school football. What's that you ask, how come he is officiating when he still has school work to do? Bring that up with him, I gave up. I on the other hand I won a bet here in our home and right now am patiently awaiting the arrival of my brand new jogging stroller. I ordered the cream de la cream and am super excited to get rolling. We had a good run (no pun intended) with my Schwinn but alas we're moving up in the world. I'll be official now when I teach class, with my Stroller Strides BOB jogger. (I'll post pics when it arrives)...and now what you've all been waiting for. Reese and her new friend Bailey...he's that BIG



HUGE!


Reese riding the scooter. She's had it now for over one year (great gift from Aunt Leslie) and she still LOVES it.

Ella and Reese "running errands". Ella pushed baby Suze and Reese drove around on the scooter. Reese loves having her friend Ella over to play.



Reese's take on "Fancy Nancy"...pj's, rainboots, sunglasses and a hat. She did this all on her own this morning. I don't think she's lacking in the personality dept.


Got some good new videos to post however since I'm working on backing up all my videos and pictures before our computer dies (it's not sick but it's bound to happen at some point) I need to get back to that for now.


5 comments:

Gail said...

Cute pics - she is quite the accesoriser (is that a word??) haha...very cute! :)

Celie said...

Sooooooo Leslie at that age. Remember Leslie dressed as Clifford the big red dog, ballet dancer, aerobics girl, & indian princess with headress from the plastic surgeon's treasure chest.
Good luck in the coming years.
MOM

Clint, Julie, Knox & Jack said...

I think we should try to put a saddle on Bailey and give the kids a ride!

Erin Homann said...

we just got a bob, too! it came in tuesday. thought we'd need a double soon. but looks like atlee won't be able to wait till feb to try it out. we found him sitting in it this morning saying "ride" when we woke up...

Shannon said...

Congrats on the new BOB! I feel like a walking ad for SS when I use mine and of course always have on a SS tee:) Love the Fancy Nancy pic of Reesie.