My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cousins Reunion in Kingwood!

This past week we headed to Houston to see the family. It was Pop-Pop's 85th birthday on the 1st and Nana's on the 8th. To help them celebrate and to boost their spirits I planned the ultimate surprise. We flew in my cousins Pete and James and scared the poop outta Nana and Pop-pop. Man was Nana shocked when she saw Pete walk in carrying Reese. Then when James (finally) arrived she was shocked again. Pop-Pop was glad to see the boys and everyone had a grand time. As usual I ate too much food in Kingwood...but now I'm back home so I can be better about working out and eating less. Although Nana sent me home with a box of chocolate covered graham crackers...so we'll see how long they last. I firmly believe the faster I eat them the sooner they will be out of my house.
Reese found Nana's candy jar this weekend and had about 2 dozen M&M's. Anytime someone was over there she would say "More M-e-M's please". She's a piece of work. She loved hanging out with her cousins Pete and James and had a blast entertaining the masses. Cousin Jon is over in Iraq so he was too busy to come party with us. It would have been a complete family reunion if Jon was there but alas we were one short.
Reese in her glasses. I think she looks like she's wearing "Fancy Nancy" (a book) glasses. Either way she looks cute. I'm partial though.
Calm Reese
Reese hanging out in Grampy's chair!

Ice cream and cake for Pop-Pop's 85th birthday party...it was Nana's party too since her birthday is this week...Happy 85th Nana and Pop-Pop

Family shot

Leslie titled this picture "Crazy Reese" she was jumping all over Nana's furniture and laughing hysterically. Good thing Nana didn't see her doing this...oh wait Nana would have let her jump on the furniture...
85 other times this weekend where I am actually wearing something other than running clothes and we choose to take a photo on the one day I wear them. Also...how said it it that I am so vertically challenged.
It was also great seeing Grandma and Grandpa. Always a pleasure visiting with them. They made it over to Nana and Pop-Pop's for the P-A-R-T-Y so that was a nice treat for everyone.

We're looking forward to this weekend. Leslie and Sean are coming down for a visit. This will be Sean's first time back to the house since we moved in. He's never seen it with furniture...we'll be hitting the beach and causing trouble.

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Being vertically challenged SUCKS!! You look great :)

Unknown said...

wonder woman comments...but does not blog. :(

Unknown said...

its kinda funny because i never think of you as being vertically challenged but compared to the rest of the family....sorry kiddo! you are! but sounds like a great trip!