My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Sunday, July 26, 2009

What is your father doing?

We haven't really been all that busy, yet I feel like we're always doing something. Not that it's a bad thing. We've had a few play dates, hit the beach a few times and of course we've been at the pool. We certainly have had fun in the last week.
Funny story...on the way home from the beach today we needed to pick up some milk for Reese so I made the mistake of sending Ryan into Wal-mart. He had three things on his list, milk, hot dog buns and chips. He was in Wal-mart for 30 minutes. At some point I must have said "What is your father doing" and Reese repeated it the entire time Ryan was in the store. I was cracking up. So she just said that over and over again. I was about to bring Reese into Wal-mart to go hunting for Ryan...I figured after 30 minutes he must have been getting arrested or something.
Tonight at dinner she obviously did not like the choices on her plate. So she shoved them away and said (clear as a bell) "Ice Cream in the bowl please Mommy". Ryan and I were rolling because she was so forthright with her request. Later on Ryan was giving Reese a bath and I was making the grocery list. I happened to be using the phonebook under the paper for support. Reese looks at Ryan and said "Mommy orders pizza" we both about died.
She really has been coming up with the wackiest things lately...honestly I spend more time laughing at her than anything.
Oh....we're at the pool the other day...and she's walking around telling EVERYONE..."this is Reese" and then pointing to herself. She also points to me and tells people "This is Mommy". When her friend Ella showed up she did the same thing for Ella. So now everyone knows Reese and Ella at the pool. The girls have also won over all the big kids. Emily (Ella's Mom) and I have been laughing because now we have the girls at the pool who are playing with all the other kids. Reese and Ella are playing with kids around the 3rd grade and they are so happy to have the little girls to dote on.
Enough rambling..onto the pictures.
Reese and her main man Coen hanging out at the picnic table.
Reese and Coen hanging by the pool

Swimming at the beach

I was loading and unloading the dryer today. As I turned to put the wet clothes into the dryer this is what I found. Climbed right in there herself like she owned the place. Happy as a clam...needless to say we discussed the dangers of hanging out in dryers after I took this picture.

No comments: