My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Per Leslie's request

Busy again...it seems like we're always going, going, going on the weekends in the fall. We headed to Geronimo on Aug. 29th for Ryan's cousin's wedding. Reese had a birthday party in the morning and a wedding in the afternoon. Kid was WORN out. She danced for about an hour at the wedding, the other portion of the reception she ran circles around the cake table. She was the "wild woman of Borneo"...which is what we used to call my sister when she was little. The older Reese gets the more she is like Leslie when Leslie was little. This only means I will have my hands FULL.
Like I said, the kid danced her heart out. We two stepped with her (Ryan held her while we two stepped), so she got to dance like an adult as well. She brought Baby Ty to the wedding (I should point out we're VERY into Baby Ty but not so into him wearing clothes) so she was dancing with her baby on her shoulder. The mimicking thing cracks me up.
I'm not sure why she is trying to get undressed while she is dancing. We might need to sit down and talk about this before she gets much older.

Now that we're over the fear of the chicken dance skirt (see video on previous post) she's been dancing all around the house. The other night she even asked to wear a hair bow. Since I was pretty sure hell was freezing over in our house, Ryan put in a clip hoping that it would last for a little while. It lasted for 3 pictures. Good news, I have been bribing her to wear hair clips and pony tails. I'll be honest probably not the best parenting approach but this kid has some out of control hair...so if she wants to play outside she has to wear a pony tail. If she wants juice she wears a hair clip. My bribe on the hair clip the other day lasted from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. so take that you nay say-ers.



We headed to College Station this weekend for the first tailgate of the season. Ryan made it to the game, Reese and I headed to Huntsville to see our friend Michelle get married. Reese was a social butterfly at the wedding, just running off and playing while I visited with friends. After the wedding, we drove around Huntsville, I showed Reese where I used to live and then headed home to wait for the Aggie game to get started. We hung at the condo for a few hours and Reese entertained herself with the new (used) play kitchen that MiMi and Grampy got her. She cooked meatballs and pot roast (which will be done at 3:30...that's what Reese says when you ask her when it will be done) She LOVES LOVES LOVES her kitchen. Thanks Mims and Grampy.
We headed up to the tailgate during the 3rd quarter so we could party at the end of the game. Reese must have walked 3 miles in the time it took for the game to be over and MiMi to come to my aid. We got to see cousin Atlee and some of our good friends. Reese and Atlee played the baby Aggie version of washers and snacked on cheese. I can't believe they are both about to be 2!!!
Reese and Atlee are only four days apart so they get along very well.
Baby Aggie washers...pick up the washers from the hole and stick them back in there. Every so often dump washers into grass, find and repeat.
We got a new CD for the car so Reese has learned about 6 new songs. After listening to it for 4 hours in the car she has most of them memorized. It's crazy how much she can remember. I am still in shock that in a few weeks I'll be the Mom of a TWO YEAR OLD!
Sorry the video is on right side up...I took it on the camera and not the video camera.

No comments: