My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Where did the time go?

I can't believe that two years ago today I was having a baby! Where the heck did the last two years of my life go? I guess time flies when you're having fun. Today we're having cupcakes at Stroller Strides with all her friends, then tonight we're having pizza (one of her favorites) and topping it all off with the Elmo cake. She'll also be opening presents and I'm sure singing Happy Birthday to herself 9 million times. She will probably tell everyone she's 6, since that's her stock answer when you ask her.
I am so glad that I decided to be a stay at home Mom. It might not be for everyone, and she might drive me crazy some days but I sure wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world. I sure hope she knows that I wouldn't have baked this Elmo cake for any old kid, only my RB.
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY REESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now a stroll down memory lane...followed by some bad ass pictures of my Elmo cake. Wow looking back at it now, having a baby sure does knock the ever loving crap out of you. This was seriously the most flattering picture I could find. People should warn you about the hell you'll look like after giving birth. Sure it's worth it in the end to look like crap when you can hold that baby all day long but man was I tired. (It should also be noted now that it's been a while and I saw some of the pictures Ryan took to be funny, it was worth flipping him the bird in some of those to let him know just how much I loved him taking those pictures)
First picture with my sweet baby!


Man oh man...It's crazy to see the difference two years makes. Such a cute kid (not that I am partial or anything)

Ok, I know you're all only here to see what the Elmo cake turned out to look like.....
Naked Elmo!

Halfway there....

Finished product! I doubted myself before this ordeal started but I have to say DANG I did a good job!

5 comments:

Michaella Meredith said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Celie said...

nice haircuts.
Happy Birthday!

Wonder Woman said...

Happy Birthday!! Give PEACHES a big ole kiss for me! Sara- you look a lot like Leslie in that first picture with you and Reese!

mamasteph said...

Happy Birthday Reese! The cake looks awesome Sara! Way to go! And I can't believe how much Reese looks like you in the most recent pic of the 2 of you!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job Sara! And I'm not just talking about the cake, you're a great mommy. Happy Birthday Reese's Pieces!!!! You're boyfriend Brock has a nice present he's mailing to you.