My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, November 24, 2008

We took a small weekend trip this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. Last year Ryan was consumed with studying for his preliminary exams (which he passed) so we skipped out on any sort of thing shy of Ryan buried in a book. This year I forced him to use a vacation day on Friday and we ventured up to College Station to rendezvous with some good friends. We just hung out on Friday and it was really nice to just spend the day with my little family (minus Chewie who was herself on a vacation). On Saturday Reese enjoyed some fun time with Daddy while I went out for a girls day with the talented Victoria McKey. Reese got to hang out with Ryan's friends as well. I think the highlight of my trip was actually getting to be out in cold weather. Reese even put those fleece pants and coat to good use. I think she might use it one other time here in Corpus....land of extreme heat. It's 80 degrees today...NOT my cup of tea for November 24.
We got to eat with some good friends and I enjoyed the wonderful food of Bryan College Station that I miss so much. I think I ate my body weight in food over the weekend but it's ok, because I worked my ass off at Stroller Strides this morning. Just under two weeks before I venture off to the skies and head out to California to become a certified Stroller Strides Instructor...and then I will be back in the working world...sort of
Reese has been cracking me up lately with the things she has been picking up on. She has been carrying anything with a handle around like a purse. My favorite is when she helps me unpack the groceries and then uses our recyclable bags while walking around the house like she has a load of groceries. The funniest part about it is the bag is bigger than she is. I will take a picture next time so everyone can see. For now here are a few from the weekend...Later this week we're off on our Herbst Adventures....Chips in tow...I'll post pictures after the holiday weekend. Happy Turkey Day everyone...I am cooking Thanksgiving in my very own home this year.
Par-ty!
The purse is full and ready to go!!

Loading up her purse
Strolling around in Grampy and MiMi's condo...this weekend she even learned how to turn on the dishwasher!
Reese and I before heading out for a birthday dinner of AWESOME Chinese food...it's not WoHop but it will do
I love those little fleece pants!
Hello everyone!

Pardon my half naked baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dad & I LOVED it!! He started cracking up when he saw it!

Anonymous said...

Reese, you sure can pick 'em! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you're a Fightin Texas Aggie AND a fan of the Fightin Irish - a girl after my own heart! Love yall, Jill