My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Silence is golden!

Since Ryan and I started living together, I have been putting up with his snoring. On most nights I would venture to say I am up at least once, elbowing him to roll over or to lay on his side to allow me to sleep in the peace and quiet. Sunday night I had it...between his snoring and his blackberry (I HATE that phone) making a noise every time he got an e-mail, I was up most of the night. I even went as far as to go to the couch and close the bedroom door. I heard the snoring through the door.
Yesterday morning I told him enough was enough...I had him get those Breathe Right Strips to prevent his snoring. I figured I would be willing to try almost anything. Reese still whimpers a couple times a night, even though I don't need to get up, I'm still in Mommy-mode and I hear it. I don't think I have had a full night sleep in over a year (maybe one night)
Let me just tell you, this morning at 6 .m. I woke up refreshed, full of energy and wondering why this was only my first "awake" period of the night. I am in LOVE with Breathe Right strips. I sat up for a few minutes and listened. Silence. I guess Ryan and his snoring was also disturbing Reese from half way across the house because that kid didn't budge last night. If anyone needs to know what to get me/Ryan for Christmas...a pack of Menthol Breathe Right Strips would be PERFECT!
Breathe Right Strips...I love you!

2 comments:

Andrea H. said...

I wish those worked on my husband. We've tried everything...so far the best is for me to wear ear plugs. Who knows what we'll do when we have kids.

Marybeth said...

Nothing worked for Patric until he had his tonsils taken out....Drastic I know, but totally necessary! He doesn't snore anymore unless he has a head cold!