My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gas is $2.89 in Corpus...

Not that the price of gas has anything to do with this post but I thought I would let everyone know. Sadly I think that is cheap, which is crazy because when I started driving I can remember gas for 99 cents. Oh my have times have changed. I'm just happy it's been going down, now my credit card bill will be lower too!

Well Reese celebrated her birthday 4 times in the course of a week. My family, just us, Stroller Strides and then Ryan's family. Needless to say she LOVES cake but we discovered not really cool with being the center of attention. I think she's done with cake again until the next major holiday...she loves pumpkin bread so maybe I'll let her try some pumpkin pie for Turkey Day...oh well and I guess she can have some cake on my birthday as well.

As previously mentioned she took her first steps this week, won't do it again but I know it's just a matter of time. We're off to another Aggie home game this week. We have all faced the reality that they are done winning this season but just because they suck doesn't mean we can't all enjoy a GREAT tailgating season. Thanks to Les and Lucy, Reese's favorite tailgate duo, Reese has been staying cool with the port-a-cool...it's like a/c for tailgating. GREAT invention and we all love Les a little more than we did before just for bringing it. Reese also loves Les because he fed her some of his cupcake at the Army game.

Well here are a few pics from the past week. We'll try and take more this weekend when we enjoy other tailgate and post those next week for your viewing pleasure.

Reese holding the clock...Ryan's silly idea to take a picture at the time she was born.
A little pre-party celebration of cake eating. I had to even off the top of the cake to ice it properly so she sampled my handi work.
So good I think I'll eat my fingers as well.
Yeah for the Giant Cupcake!
Family shot...sure wish I showered after Stroller Strides but nope...nasty sweaty Mommy from working out earlier in the day. However during the week what you see is what you get...who has time for a shower when you are chasing around a 1 year old?!?!?!?

As you can tell she's LOVES chocolate icing.
We never really took too many "neked" (as they say in TX) pictures so I figured I would throw one in the mix.
Balloons from HEB....Corpus Christi HEB's only redeeming quality
Who needs toys when you can climb on your travel high chair?
Ride Em Cowgirl!

2 comments:

Celie said...

Gas is lower because the republican energy companies want to lul you into feeling better about prices. Wait till after the election, prices will go up.
Love the GIANT cupcake....

Celie said...

SORRY, 2 LS IN LULL