My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, October 18, 2010

Run Forest Run!

Oct. 9, 2010 our friend Valarie Herbst got married in Houston, so we went up to stay with my family for the weekend and attend the wedding. Reese got to dress up and see the princess walk down the aisle. She's going to be in a wedding next month so we played up the princess thing and now all she can talk about is walking down the aisle at the wedding just like princess Valarie did.
This was outside the reception so needless to say we HAD to put her on top
There was an ice cream bar instead of a groom's cake. Can you tell who was thrilled to eat all the ice cream with M&M's that she could?
So happy with her Grampy
Over the past weekend my friend Rebecca (who I purchased Stroller Strides from) had to move out of her house but wasn't able to head up to Dallas to get to her new house yet...so they moved in with us. Her boys are 4 and 2 and they also have a 120 pound lab. Bailey and Thurman had a great time together, and so did the kids. Riley, Reese and Coen have seen each other everyday for the past 2.5 years so they enjoy each other's company. This pic is from when they were "fighting crime" as you can see Pocahontas was there to aid Batman and Superman.
This weekend I also ran my half marathon. I was super impressed with how well I ran. I finished in 2 hours and 21 min which was a few minutes faster than I thought I would. I did very well (even if I say so myself) and can now check that off my bucket list of things do to before I am 30. I ran alongside my friends husband for a few miles and saw my friend and Stroller Strides member Lisa as well. Did I mention that it was "the highest Half in Texas" I ran over the Harbor Bridge TWICE. The bridge is 243 ft high!!!!!
Hey look...I made the newspaper (their website). I thought this was a race photographer and it turned out to be a photographer from the newspaper! Props to my friend Morgan Smith who is running next to me in the photo (his wife Danielle ran the 10K) This was coming off the bridge on the first half. As you can see I made sure to smile
Yup ran up and over this as well...after the bridge you still had to cross the causeway which was up and over again! (two times)
Did I mentioned I ran over this TWICE???
Waving to my pit crew, I mean fan club. My awesome hubby and kiddo got up and watched me run. They were great at timing me, and were able to stop and see me in three different locations AND the finish line. My friend/neighbor/Aggie/Stroller Stride member Julie and her hubby Kris Havelka (and their kiddos) also got up to watch me and were there to cheer me on at the finish line.
Saying HI to Reese, who was jumping up and down cheering for "Mommy"

Off I go to complete the last 6 miles
Coming up on my second pit crew wave spot. They also passed me twice driving the next location so I got to wave at them on the causeway and going on the bridge.


Home stretch and shockingly still feeling good
About to cross (note my official timing chip time was 2:21:49). So like I said...I did it!

2 comments:

the Sebring's said...

I am so impressed with your time! You are awesome!!!! Way to go!! Isn't it so cool to say you ran a half-marathon! I hope I can say that one day!

Ashley said...

Great pics! And great job! You give me hope! :)