My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Friday, October 29, 2010

Pocahontas!

At school yesterday they had a Fall Festival and the kiddos got to wear their costumes. Reese plans on being Minnie Mouse for Halloween but she insisted on wearing Pocahontas to school. So after wearing Minnie all morning we made a quick change 10 minutes before school and transformed into Disney's Indian Princess Pocahontas. They had games, hay rides, spooky stories etc. Here is a picture my friend Paula took of Reese in action. (I was unable to volunteer as I was teaching Stroller Strides while the party was going on, AND given Reese's desire to cry whenever I leave school in the morning it's probably better I wasn't there)
Playing the fishing game with her friend from class, Lily. They are the only two girls in class with 6 boys, so they get along very well.
As soon as she puts the costume on she runs through the house screaming "Just around the river bend", which is a song from the movie. My Mom was awesome and found the costume on e-bay. It will fit her to the next few years so that is even better. She even had the boots to complete the outfit.
Halloween pics coming up next week!

No comments: