My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Friday, October 8, 2010

3rd Birthday!

Last week was an eventful week. Reese finally started LOVING school, I became a business owner and Reese turned 3!
In case you all hadn't heard I purchased Stroller Strides from my boss as she is moving to Dallas. I signed all my contracts Sept. 29th but I officially took over on October 1st. When I first started going to SS, I never thought I would teach class yet after a 1.5 years it's been awesome. I never thought in a million years I would ever be a business owner but I guess that was in the cards too. I worked pretty hard last month setting everything up and this was my first full week of teaching as the owner. I am super excited and looking forward to continue working with/for Stroller Strides. I know for sure without having joined SS when we moved to Corpus that I'm pretty sure I would have lost my mind, so I am super excited to be able to continue it for other moms since it was such a positive experience for me. Without my friends from SS I would be a lost.
Even harder to believe that my big girl is now 3! Where has the time gone?? It seems like yesterday (in some aspects) that Leslie was keeping my hair looking nice in the delivery so that I wouldn't look too rough in any pictures. After all isn't that what sisters are for? We had her first ever birthday party (aside from dinners and small parties with our families) and I am so glad that we waited until she was 3 to have one. She knew exactly what was going on and was SO beyond thrilled that she was having a party. She talked about it all last week, and told everyone we saw throughout the week that she was having a party. It was so cool to see her excited for it. I brought sugar cookies to school the day before her birthday, she had crazy celebrations on her birthday and the party was the day after. To say she is one lucky girl is an understatement. I love this kid to pieces...or as she would say "you love me too much".
These pics are not in any order at all so bear with me.
Reese and Stacey in the "jumpy jumpy"
Herbst family pic (with a Jump, Ryan and a few Badings in the mix)

Party goers playing on the playground. We had the party at the park across the street from our house which was so nice, and all our neighbors were so sweet and thought it was great that we were having the party at the park (which is generally just used by teenagers to get crazy on the weekends)
Waiting to climb in
Reese and her friend Emma
Having fun with Uncle Sean
Eating her cupcake
Waiting to blow out her candle. I love how excited she is.
Uncle Sean again, he's so much fun
We had a candy themed party so I was "that mother" who gave all the kids massive amounts of sweets and then sent them home. There was a lollipop tree (made by yours truly), chocolate dipped pretzels rolled in sprinkles (made by me), cookies dipped in chocolate, M&M's, Pretzel M&M, Reese's pieces (DUH), cupcakes, gummy bears and peanuts. It should be noted that I gave up sweets/desserts on Aug 1st and did not have a single morsel of this food. I even hand dipped all the cookies and pretzels and didn't even manage to steal a lick of chocolate.
Cupcakes and their toppers
Our family (Reese not happy to be taking pics and not jumping)
Having fun!
Pre-party
Reese enjoying a little light reading privately in her room after opening all her present from Meems, Grampy, Leslie, Sean and Stacey
A doll house!!!
So excited about her Aggie jersey
She stayed up late the night of her birthday so she could be awake when my parents, Leslie and Stacey arrived. As you can tell she was thrilled to show them her birthday present from us. She LOVED her Minnie Mouse outfit. She put it on as soon as she got it in the morning and watched Mickey Mouse clubhouse with it on, she kept telling Mickey..."Hi Mickey, it's me Minnie"
I can't wait for her to wear this in Disney World when she meets Minnie for the first time. 3 months and counting.
Next Sunday I run my half marathon...pray that I don't die :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like the party was fun! So sad we missed! Happy birthday Reese and congrats Sara!

the Sebring's said...

I wish we could have made it, too! Grace Ann would have loved the bounce house! Happy Be-lated Birthday sweet Reese!