My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cooler weather! YEAH!

Yeah for an update with actual pictures! So things are back to normal here. Mom and Dad were able to get power on this evening. Grandma and Grandpa have power but no TV, and Nana is still using the extension cord which is powered off the neighbor's generator...hopefully she'll have power in the next day or so.

We are back on track at Stroller Strides after taking a short vacation due to the Hurricane. Next week we'll be running on our own in Kingwood (fighting off mosquitoes no doubt) as we'll be visiting the family (Ryan will be out of town all week).

Reese is standing up on her own for longer periods of time now, although she still likes to have something to hold on to. She's talking up a storm, it's still Chinese sounding, but she talks a LOT. We're getting ready for our second BIG Aggie tailgate this weekend and visiting with our friends from College Station.
Reese playing with the box of items we packed up while we "fled" Hurricane Ike. This is what we figured we would be sad if we lost had something happened to our house.
What the windows looked like after being boarded up. Tiny little holes for your hands to hold the boards while putting them up. As weird as it is being inside and having no sunlight, Reese slept
like a champ that morning. The bigger hair bow...before Church...
We didn't make it out of the living room before she pulled it out.
I think her thoughts would be "It's 7:15 a.m. what's with the pictures?"
Corpus is having a fluke weather system right now. It was 61 degrees when I woke up this a.m. It's WONDERFUL! I can't tell you how much I am enjoying Stroller Strides without choking on the humidity. I didn't have her in pants long, when it warmed up to 68 I put her in shorts. I think even she was thinking "WTF" about wearing pants.
Ok, so she looks slightly scary in this pic. Reese is in the process of cutting a tooth (or at least I hope so because she's been a bear lately) and so she has a runny nose. I think I took this as she was coughing up snot.
The madness was in FULL force on Monday night. I guess I would say it started at 1 a.m. that morning. Reese decided it would be fun to get up and not go back to sleep. We chilled on the couch for 2 hours before she finally passed out. At least she was nice enough to lay there in the dark quietly during that time. (I tired letting her stay in her crib but that induced a mad hysteria) The real fun was after her evening bottle. I should also preface this with...No Ryan was not at home, he was at a football meeting...OF COURSE!
She chugged her bottle like she was dunking her ring in Aggieland. I think I timed it at 1 min...needless to say after that we had a happy camper. I guess dinner that night didn't sit to well with her. After brushing her teeth she let me know just how much she loves me by throwing up directly on me not once but twice. I was holding her while we walked to her room so she hit me dead on the chest. I think I had 6 oz. of formula in my sports bra. Sorry folks, when discussing mothering madness I don't skip details.
So I cleaned that up, she played in the bathroom while I tried to hose myself off. I laid her down, she started to whine so I figured I would hold her for a little while since pretty soon she won't be a baby anymore. As I sat down in the chair...she graced me not once more but twice...dead on the chest with chunky dinner puke. Not cute baby puke anymore. This was full on big kid/adult puke. I think she took a note from the Exorcist because this was NASTY and had some force behind it. However after that she felt so good she stayed up until 10:15. Then Ryan wonders why sometimes I silently curse him in my head for always being gone. I would also like to point out the three times she has puked like that I was home alone each time. I think Ryan owes me. I'll tack that onto the list of IOUs.

1 comment:

Andrea H. said...

Warnings next time woman!

Can't wait to see y'all this weekend! :)