My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, July 17, 2008

BIG week

We had a busy week of learning so far. Reese also got a visit from her Oma who came down for the night to do some babysitting. They both enjoyed each other's company and had lots of fun. While cleaning this week Reese discovered a new found appreciation for my vacuum attachments, and spent lots of time crawling over to them to play. She finally started clapping her hands, which we've been working on for a few weeks, and apparently she enjoyed a round of patty-cake with her Oma.
Reese has enjoyed her dog this week and has been interacting with Chewie a lot more. One morning I was getting dressed and Chewie and Reese were in the bedroom with me. I looked over to discover Chewie had given Reese her paw and they were both just sitting there looking at each other and holding hands/paws. It was so cute. Tonight she crawled all over to get the ball for the dog. As soon as she got it, she would hold it up in the air as if to show Chewie is was ok to come get it. Chewie would grab it from Reese's hand and then drop it back down and the fun began all over again. They play so nicely together, I think Reese found her first best friend.
She was on the move a lot this week as well. In her travels through the office she discovered the dog kennel and our cable outlet. She loves the dog kennel. She's nutty.
She has mastered the move and is now able to sit herself up from the lying down position. It is her new favorite thing. When I put her down for her nap today she talked to herself for a little while. She seemed to be having a little too much fun in there and when I went to check on her she had not only sat up, but had pulled herself up and was bouncing up and down in her crib while holding onto the side. I spent about 30 minutes lowering the crib yet again today so we don't have any falls. She has really discovered a lot of new tricks this week and is keeping me on my toys. Sadly I think the days of my sweet baby sitting on the floor and not moving while I get things done are long gone. I suppose I will have to keep a close eye on her when she plays after Stroller Strides since she really seems to enjoy licking the floor. Like I said she's nutty.


I am glad I put in the child proof outlet plugs
Reese and her Oma
I thought this was a cute picture. We're dog sitting Kobe while Mom is visiting Grandma and Grandpa
I love licking the kennel
Tasty Tasty
HI!

Busted!
When she talks into the attachment is echoes back at her.
Yeah for dog kennels.
Tennis Balls rule!

This is Reese and her version of crawling. It's not too long because she discovered the door mat in the process. Enjoy!

No comments: