My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer HEAT!

And the award for "Craziest Outfit of the Week" goes to Reese Bading. This would be my tankini bathing suit top worn backwards....
and a bikini top worn backwards underneath the tankini.....
Sometimes it's not even worth questioning. Much like wearing a belt with your nightgown, to dress up your look before asking to go to the park at 7 a.m.

I hate running. Esp. when it's about 90+ degrees with 100% humidity. However, I am running. On a regular basis, before the sun is even up(most mornings). I am training for a half marathon, call it as you may...I suppose it's on my bucket list of things to do before I am 30. I decided to run this before I remembered how hot it is in Corpus in the summer. Now that I am in the thick of it I am second guessing myself daily. The race isn't until October but the training...yeah it's HOT. I am not "racing" as much as looking to finish alive. I think it is best for someone to send the meat wagon out around mile 9 to look for my dead body. I am pretty confident that after I run this 1/2 marathon that will be the end of my racing career. I might stick to 5K's here and there, maybe the occasional 10K but 13.1 miles...for the birds.
It just looks like I'm running this Fun Run alone...don't be fooled, there were others. I came in second place in my age division, we won't discuss how many others were also in my age division. because it's not that important. Ryan and Reese came out to watch me run (hence the action shot) and to cheer me on. That being said, whoever said running in South Texas in the summer was a smart idea was nuts. Despite this fun run being at 7:30 a.m. it was still Africa Hot, and the humidity was awesome, as in awesomely horrific. We ran the Calallen Girls Cross Country team's training loop. This was a good reminder of why I didn't run cross country in high school.
Miracles Happen....as you can see in this picture. It is possible for me to be photographed with my child and for it to be a nice picture. Let the record show it takes a special occasion to get me showered and dressed (in something other than work out clothes) in the middle of the day. This picture is from my dear friend Monica's baby shower. I am so excited to have her join the ranks of Mommyhood with the rest of us. We are sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear when Clayton will be making his grand entrance into the world.
***Monica it should be noted that Reese was THRILLED that you sent the Thank You card to her. Since getting it she opens it once a day and recites what it says and then stashes it into her belongings for the next day.

Yet another one liner from Reese. The day after the baby shower we all met with some friends in College Station to eat lunch at Double Dave's. Reese was sitting next to our friend Wayland (Monica's husband) and in the middle of the meal she needed to use the potty. So as we're leaving the table she points to Wayland and says "Hey, Wayland...don't eat my pizza". I was cracking up.
We've been hitting the pool, and gearing up for school. That's right in 2.5 weeks Reese heads off to Mother's Day out and I have 5 glorious hours (two days a week) to do whatever I want to. I am sure "doing whatever I want to" will involve cleaning the house, and running errands but we'll both be enjoying those 10 hours a week.

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Rock on Sara! In 25 more lbs off this butt, I'm going to start training for a 5k. It is on my bucket list, but was quickly abandoned when knocked up!