My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School is in Session!

We've had a busy few weeks...maybe one day things will slow down, after Reese goes to college.
My Mom and Dad came to Corpus two weeks ago and we hit the beach all weekend. They were kind enough to drive down this awesome desk. It was my Pop-Pop's for many years. He got it when he was a fireman at the Reliance Engine & Hose Co #1 in Port Chester, NY. My dad did an awesome job refinishing the wood and Ryan and I are thrilled to have the antique in the house. It's one hell of a desk, and I can't even begin to tell you how long/deep the drawers are. It's also nice to have things that have meaning. We also have a lot of my Grandpa and Grandma's furniture, they spread the wealth as well.
After Mom and Dad were here, Reese and I headed up to Kingwood 4 days later to visit the family. My Aunt and Uncle were in from Belgium and our cousin Stacey is moving to Texas to work as a PT at MD Anderson. Aside from a visit with the family, I also ran in a 10K with my friends Julie and Ashley from Corpus Christi. I plan on running the half with them as well so this was a nice preview run to get us really amped up. Despite the odds we completed the race and did really well. I finished in the top half of my age group and also well overall. Reese had a 24 bug Friday, so she threw up all night Thursday and had a fever all day Friday. Ashley and Julie had lost sleep due to their sweet babies as well. Like I said despite the odds and chaos we did it. Now the countdown to 13.1 miles is really on.
We are women...here us roar! (post race) It was awesome to run in Kingwood because my Nana, Dad and Reese were able to come watch me run. It kept me motivated knowing I had a cheering section mid way through the race.

Reese in her Groucho Marx glasses and her pocketbook from Nana. Sorry this is not flipped, I sent it to the computer from my cell phone...

Ready to head to school!
She picked out her outfit. She said yesterday that she wanted to wear the Hawaiian dress that Grampy got her with her sneakers. She knows what she wants!
Ryan stayed home so he could bring her to school as well.
Sending my girl off to school

No comments: