My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Crazy Heart!

We had a busy few weeks. Two weeks ago my Mom came to visit for the week and we had a blast. We hit the beach, pool and got to just spend some quality time together. 3 generations of girls. So nice. That weekend we headed to College Station for a baby shower and a wedding reception. We had a great time seeing our friends and enjoyed our little road trip.
Upon returning home I turned my cleaning lady mode into hyperactive and spent two days doing things that only get done once a year (like oiling the wood in my house which requires the 8 ft ladder, hence it only getting done once a year). I hosted Bunco for the ladies, which is always fun. Ryan and Reese had a special father daughter date night at Chili's and then played at the mall.
Thursday Ryan's Mom came in for a quick overnight visit with Reese. We rounded out our week with a trip to the pool, Reese getting a haircut, and a visit and tour of the local firehouse with some friends. I didn't take my camera but I know my friend Ashley snapped a picture or two of me spraying the fire hose all by myself. I am woman hear me roar! We had a lazy day at home today while Reese played pretend for most of the day.
In College Station at Meems and Grampy's condo. Reese took Meems' straw hat, after she put on her boots, and took all her food into the kitchen to feed the farm animals. Here she is feeding the animals.
Dumping her food out for them. She refused to allow me to photograph her with the hat on

Just playing in the condo with her kitchen. My mom has this girl prepared to play anywhere. She has a kitchen in Kingwood, College Station and in Corpus. Clearly she's loved.

At Chic-a-fila a few weeks ago it was dress like a cow day. We didn't go but they gave out this cow hat a few days earlier while we were working out at the mall. As you can see she dressed herself (in the middle of the day) in her winter pj's and insisted on wearing the Halloween tutu. Topped off with this cow hat she's a sight for sore eyes.
Chips...every time she wears this I think of the pig mask/hat thing from Saw...good thing she has no idea about that or she'd never wear this again. I do think if she came into my room wearing this in the middle of the night I would wet the bed in fear.

Nap time. Lately Reese has been pooped. Especially when we are gone for the weekend. After we got home from College Station she had three days in a row with 3 hour naps. Thurman must miss her after about 1.5 hours because he goes and scratches her door to get in. Then I find him sleeping on her bed with her. Too cute.
The next day during nap. She has started taking so much garbage to bed with her I had to hunt to find her in there. She's under the pink and blue princess blanket by the yellow pillow.
Today she played pretend for about 1 hour all by herself. Her favorite show is Phineas and Ferb on the Disney Channel and there is a character named Jeremy. Today she had a date with Jeremy. She said he was coming over to pick her up in his blue car and they were going to go swimming. She said she was going to sleep at his house but I said she wasn't allowed to have sleepovers with boys. She thought about it for a minute and said she would bring her own big girl bed to his house. I guess she can problem solve nicely.
Long story short, she packed her back pack, pool bag, and brought along some toys (all in her shopping cart) and went to the pool (dining room) with Jeremy. She played in there for a while, then went into her room and packed most of her clothing in a cardboard box she got from Build a Bear. Along with that was the dictionary. I tell you she was clearly prepared for anything that should come up. Ryan and I were cracking up with all the things she was doing today.
Never mind that she's in a sweater, a beanie and has her Crocs on the wrong feet
My happy big girl! How could you not want to spend as much time as possible with this kiddo. I am so glad that I get to chill with her during the day at home.

1 comment:

Celie said...

1) the dog manages to get in every photo
b) Ryan- honestly... Nascar on the TV and you in a T shirt w/o sleeves
- a picture of Sunday in America.
Funny pics...