My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, September 30, 2013

End of September

It’s been a busy month of school and activities. Reese has been having a great time at school, is meeting all kinds of new friends and doing a good job on all her school work. Brynn and I have been having fun at home, enjoying storytime at the library, running errands together and playing. Brynn’s favorite time of day is when Reese comes home. Reese joined Daisy’s the youngest division of Girl Scouts. So in the spring please let me know if you’d like to order cookies!

002Brynn waking up from her nap. I had snuck in there to wake her up since it was time to get Reese and she looked so sweet. I went to get the camera but when I got back she was already up. Brynn is usually a great napper.  She skipped it on Saturday and both yesterday and today has cut her nap time down to 1 hour instead of 2…this Mom is NOT ready for a short nap time. I’m hoping it’s just a fluke. If not I am in trouble.

Reese was able to attend a cheer camp at the local high school on the 21st and learned some cheers and a dance. Last Friday night she preformed at half time and cheered with the cheerleaders. I handled Brynn in the stands on my own, since Ryan was officiating a game elsewhere. I vow never to take Brynn to a high school game alone again. To say my entire body was sore from dealing with her in an understatement. I was a broken person on Saturday. It hurt to sit down. From holding her, to the metal bleachers, chasing her up and down stairs and wrestling with her in my arms my back felt like it was in a million pieces. She’s wild!

Saturday we celebrated Reese’s birthday with Oma and Opa. They came for the day, we went to lunch at Cici’s (Reese’s pick) and they played with the girls. Fun was had by all. I attempted a funfetti cake from scratch. Our oven is horrible and never cooks evenly…so in an attempt to get the center of the cake to cook the rest of the cake dried out…it was horrible. Reese told me she hated it. Epic Fail.

004005007011012

Last night for dinner we used curry powder. I had JUST opened a new jar. After Brynn was done eating we let her out of her seat while the rest of us finished eating. She came running over to Ryan and I saying “big mess right there”, and pointed to her handy work. The entire bottle of curry on the floor. Kong strikes again. Today while grocery shopping, I got to have the discussion with Brynn about why we wear clothes in the store. She got herself out of her shirt twice. I often think how calm Reese was a a child. Brynn is making up for it. Yeah.

006

No comments: