My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Saturday, June 18, 2011

A trip to Dad’s field and more

As stated before it seems that I have not taken our camera out of the bag lately, mostly due to the fact that we’re in or near water most afternoons and because I have been taking advantage of my IPhone camera more often. Here are some pictures from the last few days.

045This is how Thurman watches America’s Funniest Home Videos. I know hardly anyone watches this show anymore but Reese and I still love it. As you can see the dog does too. This happens at least once each time we watch the show.

049Reese watching Selena Gomez’s music video on the laptop. She’s a star from the Disney Channel and Ramona and Beezus (a movie Reese likes) and she has a hit song right now. Reese LOVES it…Yesterday Selena was on Good Morning America. I taped her performance and naturally it’s been sung to and danced to at least 15 times since yesterday.

053Reese breastfeeding her baby…I am not making this up. She sat down, but the doll inside the sling and told me she was breastfeeding her baby.

055Wishing Grampy a Happy 60th Birthday on Thursday.

057Reese got my Iphone…this was what she took pictures of…

058Another picture by Reese. She took about 15 of the Church pew last time we were in Church. At least she was being quiet.

Today we went to see Ryan working in the sorghum fields. I figured this would be a good time for Reese to go and see what he does all day. She asks a lot of questions when we pass fields on the highway, thinking they are all Ryan’s fields, which is why I wanted her to see his up close and personal. She had a blast…mostly because we rode around in the Ranger while we were out there. But she also liked running through the sorghum as well.

063Driving in the Ranger

064Waving at the camera

065Walking through the fields

066

068Checking out the height differences

070

072Standing in the SUPER tall sweet sorghum

073Pretending to drive the tractor in the barn.

We’ll have to take her back when they harvest so she can ride in the tractor as well.

We’re off to the pool again. Reese made friends with the super sweet lifeguard Allison, who is kind enough to watch her when she jumps off the diving board while she hangs out on the lifesaving float to catch her. Reese loves going off the diving board and knows how to swim to the side, I just don’t think she can do both without taking a breath first..and that she needs something to hold on to. Ryan is usually on diving board duty but Allison lets her when she gets done with her shift. I guess Allison would rather sit on the float and catch Reese than deal with pulling out my tired pregnant butt from the pool after I doggie paddle to catch Reese when she goes off over and over and over again.

No comments: