My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Sunday, September 26, 2010

African Safari

Nana on the last night of her visit.
Reese wanted me to take of picture of her posing exactly like this. We had to take this picture before she agreed to take any other pictures.
A casualty of all the rain. I saw this driving home from dropping Nana off at the airport.
Can you tell she's pooped? She fell asleep while she was using her foot to balance the back of her chair on the ground. She slept like this for about 1 hour.
We headed to San Antonio yesterday to attend Atlee's birthday. Atlee is the son of Ryan's cousin Jason, and Atlee is exactly 5 days older than Reese. The party was at Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, so we got to see the exotic animals, feed the goats in the petting zoo and take a safari tour and feed the animals from our car. It was a ton of fun, and something I had never done either.
Reese and Garrett. This girl can find a new friend in an instant. He's a cute and very funny kid.
The gang who attended the birthday party, birthday boy Atlee standing up in the tan shirt.
Reese admiring the pretty giraffes
I really enjoyed watching these sweet giraffes.
I see baby goats in our future. If I am helping with this whole 4H/FFA thing when Reese gets older, we're going the goat route. I know I'll be the one doing most of the leg work with raising the animal, and despite my desire to have a calf of our own, I have no desire to clean up cow crap for an entire year...thus the fact that I am hoping for a goat. Smaller animal with MUCH smaller poop.
Having so much fun feeding the babies. She was not fond of feeding the adults because when she ran out of food they would try and eat her clothes. Screaming would ensue.
My not so baby anymore feeding the baby goat
These are scary. I opted not to feed them. I told Ryan if they pecked his hand off I was not going to feel bad for him. Thankfully he has still hands both intact.
The only shot of me all day. Self portrait
I love me some zebra
Up close and personal...he/she and I bonded, you can see it in the eyes
eating out of our hands
I snapped this picture right before this sweet giant put his/her head in my car. I enjoyed it, Reese on the other hand...I think she peed her pants a little. I had a great time petting the zebra, lovely creatures these things. Sadly I don't know that a zebra would be a good addition to the family, however I wish they could be.
feeding these things...I'm thinking mountain goats
And my all time favorite...the donkey. I want one so badly...I think it would make a nice touch to the backyard. I think I heard him say "Hey lady, take me home with you". I told Ryan we could both benefit from adding this handsome beast to our family, he'd have MUCH less grass to mow and I would have a pet donkey. In the words of my mother...when people would ask me "a donkey" I can reply with "my ass". I'm mature :)

No comments: