My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Swim Lessons and a BIG girl bed!

After returning home from our trip to Kingwood, I knew Reese was pooped. She didn't stop once in Kingwood to take a nap, and was up late most nights. She's playing catch up this week. Monday she took a2 hour nap, Tuesday 2.5 hours, and Wednesday the poor baby didn't even make it past the couch. She just passed out. She's still playing catch-up which is fine by me, and man is she burning energy when she's awake.
We're in our last week of swim lessons and she loves it. She yells from the pool (as I sit on the total other side from where she is) "Hi Mom, look at me" and waves with such force. She's getting to be such a big girl.

Reese LOVES the water. If I didn't force her to rest during the day I have no doubt she'd be in there all day long. I am excited for swim lessons to be over because that means we can hit the pool with our friends every afternoon. Summertime is my favorite (not the heat) because I love the pool just as much as she does.
Kicking away!

We also had a BIG week in the way of Reese's sleeping arrangements. She went from the toddler bed to her very own BIG girl bed. This was my bed when I was little so I should say that it's held up rather nicely.
I need to take a moment and thank my Mom and Dad for all the great items of furniture they have given us for our house. I would say that out of the 9 rooms we have in our house that 7 of them are things that my parents gave to us. My Dad re-finished our dining room table after we bought it, Reese's entire bedroom set is mine from when I was a kid, that my Dad painted when I was pregnant. Both guest bedrooms are outfitted with furniture that was either mine or someone else's in my family and the entire kitchen and family room is their old furniture. I should point out that the couch in our family room is about to be 27 years old and it is as comfy as the day they bought it. I can't tell my parents enough how thankful I am for everything they have helped us with, given us and fixed up for us (and for a long time stored for us). I love you both and really appreciate everything you do for us.
Ok, so we moved her mattress in on Sunday night and she slept on that. I took on the task of sanding down and painting the headboard and foot board and worked every afternoon in the 100+ degrees to get it done. Today I finished my painting, so tonight we made the big switch-eroo! She's happily sleeping in there as I type.
SOOOO happy!
Reese and Fancy Nancy ready for bed.
I still have a few things left to do, new curtains, new something or other for the wall but all in due time.
Now that she's in a big girl bed, and everything that she had when she was a baby is out of her room I am kind of sad thinking about how my baby is not a baby anymore. She's such a big girl. The funniest thing is when she says things like "When I was a younger girl...." I told her how when I was a younger girl that I slept in her big girl bed, so now every time she thinks of something to say about babies she'll say "When I was a younger girl you held me like a baby" or something to that effect. She cracks me up.

No comments: