My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, May 27, 2010

So we've all heard that full moons can make people crazy. They act wild, do strange things. See examples below.
Doing her best "Fabulous pose" (picture Real Housewives of NJ)
I'm not lying when I tell you that last week I asked her to wear this dress. We had a fight over it. She won. Then for two days at home she had to try wearing it before she agreed to go in public with a dress on.
Hair bows/ponytails are a horse of a different color. The kid HATES having her hair done. I bribed her last week to wear a ponytail. Told her if she did I would take her to the splash pad. I kid you not she kept it in her hair until the moment we left the splash pad. Then she told me we were done with the water so she was done with her ponytail. She's no fool.
She woke up this morning and went about her usual routine. Then out of no where she asked me "Can I wear my dress?" So of course I told her yes. As we were in her room getting her dress she pulled out her Maryland Crab bows (Thanks Beth Schminke) and told me she wanted both in her hair. I explained that she would need pony tails in as well to keep the bows better in place. I figured we were done at this point...and low and behold she agreed. I am still in a slight state of shock.
I am also slightly worried what the rest of the day holds, if the full moon made her act this crazy at 8 a.m. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled she agreed to all this stuff but it's just very out of character for my sweet girl, who LOVES digging in the mud.

No comments: