My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, May 24, 2010

Moonwalk Mania!

Reese gets Highlights Hive Five....Highlights magazine, which I loved as a kid, only the High Five version is for pre-schoolers. She loves when her magazines come in the mail. Thanks MeMe and Grampy.
I guess she needed some time to herself to get her reading done. I wish I had the ability to use the bathroom myself...ahh the joys of motherhood.

This past weekend we had Moonwalk Mania! Stroller Strides of Corpus Christi celebrated it's 4th birthday so we needed to celebrate. Our good friends the Gratland's (see blog on side of my page) just invested in a Moonwalk company where they rent moonwalks to people on the weekends. So in honor of Stroller Strides and Emma Lu's Rentals they brought out 3 of their moonwalks to showcase. Two regular jumping ones and one with the slide. They also have one that is a water slide, which I have used before and is a BLAST. I am trying to talk Ryan into letting me rent it for him for his birthday next month. I know he would have fun and 31 still seems like an appropriate age to partake in activities such as water slide moonwalks.
Reese and I jumped our hearts out, despite ridiculously hot temp. outside. She jumped for about 3.5 hours on Saturday and then we came home and hit the pool for 2.5 hours. Sunday we celebrated our friend Ethan's 3rd birthday with a moonwalk AGAIN. So Reese jumped for about an hour on Sunday as well. To say this kid is pooped today from her long weekend is an understatement.

Jumping in the princess moonwalk. It's hard to see from the glare but Reese is jumping in the dead center of the picture and you can't really miss my big ass. I'm the only one in there taller than 3 ft.

Coaxing in my friends. Yes I jumped with kids under the age of 4 and had a BLAST. A great work out as well. I will post a video of our fun soon and I must say the moonwalk is the place where I perfected my cheerleader moves. Too bad I'm about to turn 30 and was never a cheerleader. I coulda been a contender.


In sad news, our beloved washing machine died. My parents bought it from Lowe's when Leslie and I moved into an apartment together in College Station in 2002. It has made 4 moves, done TONS of laundry and held up nicely these last 8 years (never needing a single repair). It literally died to the week of it's 8th anniversary with the Herbst family. It didn't pay to get it fixed because it was the world's cheapest washer so we took the plunge and got a new fancy washer. I debated for a long time about front and top loaders and despite wanting a top loader, Ryan (who does NOT do laundry) felt that it was more cost effective to buy a front loader. He also insisted that we get a dryer, even though ours was not broken. Sometimes boys are dumb. Esp. because the top loaders without agitators are JUST as energy efficient, but what do I know...I'm not the one working on my PhD for the ump-teenth semester in a row :) Love you Ryan!
I have to pick my battles so I would rather fight about him needing to graduate than a washer and dryer. I am still very nervous about the mildew smell I hear so much about but I am hoping for good things. Just in case I'm leaving the door open after I wash clothes. I'm not thrilled about that but such is life.
Obviously she's mesmerized by my new appliance. Thank goodness for the "child lock" feature on my machine.
Who needs toys?

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

HA! That is Talon watching the laundry too!