My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Where did December go?

Hello! Yes we're still alive. I have never been absent from the blogging world that long. It's been a busy December so now that we're all back home and settled in here are some pictures from the holidays. I have videos, but a girl can only get so much done at a time.
Reese got this "Night Before Christmas" play set from her Oma and Opa. She really enjoyed playing with it for the few weeks before Christmas.
Obviously chocolate of some sort, but can't remember what it was. I'm going to guess a Hersey's kiss since she has mastered opening the fridge and getting them out herself.
Getting ready to bake cookies for Santa
Santa brought this kitchen and as soon as she saw it she got to work. She's IN LOVE with it
SO HAPPY!
When she saw it on Christmas morning she said (as softly as she could I think mostly from shock) "Santa brought me a kitchen"
Her first Cabbage Patch kid. Everything makes a comeback! Meet Baby Lily!
Thurman, just hanging out watching the madness next to his Mommy....yes he's a Mama's boy
Tearing into the toys
So excited for her UNO Moo game
So I got this fabulous idea to make home made cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning breakfast. I'm talking stayed up extra late on Christmas eve to get the dough to rise etc. and then hand rolled these bad boys the next morning. Nevermind the fact that one of the said rolls was probably my caloric intake for the month, but holy crap they were good. I impressed myself once again.
See the pool of melted butter....
I also didn't really pay attention to the amount the recipe made until I was rolling them out. It was enough to feed a small army. This is batch 3 and 4. I didn't eat them all, we sent some around the corner to our friends Julie and Kris. I also took some home to Kingwood
Moved into it's new home
So after putting Reese in her pj's for the night she decided on her own that it might be best to put back on her clothes. So here she is struggling to get on the second outfit.
That sums up our holidays in a crazy nutshell. Here's to a calmer January and 2010.

No comments: