My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Monday, June 22, 2009

It's an overload of fun!

My goodness have we been BUSY! Friday we ended swimming lessons and Reese got her first "diploma"....she passed. We were told next year she would be ready for Level 1...which means I don't have to go in the pool with her! Woo Hoo! One less thing for me to pack...Here are some pictures from the last day. Pictures were taken by Ryan who came out to watch the little fish.
Jumping on the lilly pads
Climbing the stairs to the slide

After the dump out

Swimming UNDER water

And coming back up for air

coming out of the water again

showing off her "skillz" with Ms. Marce the teacher
As soon as swim lessons were done and we inhaled some pizza, we hit the road for the shortest trip to College Station ever. We got there at 5 p.m. on Friday, partied, and slept until we left at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Hanging out with Wayland at the party

I can not even believe I am putting this on here...We attended a birthday party for Reese's boyfriend in College Station this Saturday. Man did we have fun. I think I had as much fun as the birthday boy himself. The birthday boy had a water party with this HUGE moonwalk water slide thing. Vicki and I hit the slide for our own fun and before we knew it all the kids were sliding down with us...because we're THAT much fun...As you can see we had a blast. I am pretty sure I'll be celebrating my birthday a few months early next year so I can rent one of these puppies. This was the most fun I've had in a long time. BEST 4th birthday party EVER!
Showing off her "skillz" to the other kids...

Swinging to bust out some candy...Reese wanted NOTHING to do with this...
We hit the beach for some Father's Day fun in the sun. Reese woke up early to greet Ryan and proudly yelled "Happy Father's Day". As you can see as soon as we got there she hit the water running....literally. The entire way there she slept. I kid you not as soon as we turned onto the beach access road her eyes opened and she started yelling "Water Water". Words don't do enough justice to describe how much she LOVES the water.
She could give ten craps about posing for pictures.

And we're blowing bubbles in the Gulf

Just standing in awe of the beach...my kind of kid...can you see how much sand is in her bathing suit???

Today is Ryan's 30th birthday...so we celebrated again. I think Reese sang Happy Birthday to Ryan 300 times and told him over and over again "Happy Birthday Daddy". As you can see by the above photo I had M&M's made with Ryan's head on them. Because I am that friggin cool.
Reese had a bunch yesterday and every time she was done she would run back in and say "Eat more Daddy", which I thought was hilarious.
Oh yeah...because I'm that cool (again)...that my friends is a "30" made out of 30 cupcakes with 30 candles....top thatI wonder what he wished for...

And finally Reese enjoying icing....with her icing goatee
I should also point out that I bought Ryan a kick ass piece of lawn equipment he's been begging to have. I yelled at him a few months ago that he didn't need anymore crap for the yard. He was stunned when I busted out his new toy...he's already used it. I bought him the SUPER fancy hedger so he really loves me now.
I'm off to read more of my book...yes I'm reading...gasp for air now!

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

What are you reading?

Shannon said...

okay, had I read this one first, I would have already known 30 cupcakes:) Reesie is such a fish! I love it! Maybe she is secretly mine:) You look awesome from the water pics...have you lost more weight, super buff, instructor??