My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I almost have a two year old! YIKES

I can't believe that Reese is almost 2. Where has the time gone? She's testing the water for the terrible two's...however if the terrible two's only means she doesn't listen to everything I say, then I might get off pretty lucky. She's still a really good kid, but I am missing our three hour afternoon nap sessions. I wish she could understand an hour is just not enough time for me to get anything done and not really enough for her either...I'd settle for 1.5 hours.
We are in our second week of swimming lessons, hitting the pool almost every afternoon and reading lots of books.
Ryan turns 30 on Monday...OLD FART. He might be out of town on his birthday for work, so we might be delaying the celebration a few days. Either way I'm sure Reese will enjoy singing Happy Birthday to him. We'll have an even bigger party if he ever finishes his PhD.

Reese loves to wear my clothes, even if they are dirty. I change into my bathing suit once we get to swim lessons (as we have Stroller Strides before swim lessons). She grabbed my SUPER sweaty shirt out of the pool bag and wore it like a dress. Of course she got it on backwards but either way she was happy.
Reading her book, yes Mom, she's in JUST a diaper. Against everything I find holy, I've raised the temp in the house in an effort to be more efficient. It's hotter than hell (to me anyway) come 5 p.m. so I sit under the two fans in the family room and let her wear just a diaper. She shouldn't have to suffer because I'm trying to cut costs. I don't like being hot inside an air conditioned house...it's just not right. If I could I would run the a/c at 75 everyday of my life.


Not wanting to pose for pictures...water is WAY more fun

Playing with Grampy

Playing in the water with MiMi

This bird, reminded me of an old man, on a walk, just taking in his surroundings. He didn't care that we were super close to him, and he just slowly walked around, checked out what we were doing and then left.

Reese LOVES Kobi. Loves might be a slight understatement, but I can't think of a more grandiose word to describe it. Funny story, Kobi ALWAYS gets stuck in Reese's room at nap and bed time. It never fails...it's cause he follows us all in there and then doesn't leave quick enough when we close the door. So Saturday we put Reese down for a nap and Mom and I relaxed while watching some TV. Reese cried for about 30 minutes without stopping (unusual to say the least) as I got closer to her door I could hear what she was saying...over and over again she's crying "Come Here Kobi (only she says "Come Ere Kobi"). I open the bedroom door to find her sitting on the crib bumper, hands smashed as far through the rungs as she could get them, and begging Kobi to come let her pet him. Poor Kobi was stuck in there listening to her plea for half an hour, but never barked to leave or anything (which is why he gets stuck in there). He was not really affected by the whole thing, but it was so cute (and sad) that for 30 min. she desperately tried to get the dog to come closer to her.
Kissing Kobi
Getting in some good Kobi hugs.

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

You are NO where close to terrible twos if she is still listening to you! Lion didn't get there until he was almost three, and Talon - he's got it mastered. He listens ... until we turn our back!

Shannon said...

I can't believe Reesie is almost 2 either! Oh my goodness! I feel the same about the AC...we always keep our house at 78 during the day and 74 at night...what good is ac then?:)